Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't tell me you are another person that cannot understand what a coach does versus a Director of Football?

Oh. Okay. So they're all Walsh's signings. Fine.

So it goes like this -
Net spend
Competitive league
Not the managers signings.
The Director of Footballs fault

Very similar to our neighbours when things don't go right.

i think 5th is achievable and a couple of good cup runs would make a nice change.

Spurs at Wembley all season and lack of signings won't help their cause.

Chelsea need to strenghten after loosing Matic, Costa, Terry, Zouma, etc.

7M net spend will soon increase to 57M net spend when Gylfi signs.

Keep the faith .;)

Well put.

This whole "top 6" thing is hyped up but when you break it down, there's only two that have strengthened in United and City.

The rest are hit with problems either with squad or starting 11.

Not saying we'll gatecrash as I've problems with the manager. But it's far away from a closed shop.

You're gonna get a Leicester or Southampton etc pushing 7th upwards also.

Lol.

No, just no.

If you think that's going to be a valid excuse if after spending a fortune we miss out on top 5 you are mistaken.

This league has always had 6 teams who should *ALWAYS* finish above Everton, The fact it didn't always work out that way....and with much less cash for us to spend back before the last season or so....was the achievement.

If we cant do that again now having spent much more money then people are entitled to ask WTF is going on.

What a load of tosh. Now you move your goal post to gross spend not net spend. Yea the current Sky6 must be standing still and not buying more quality with cash.

Achievement? Under Moyes of course, he had a net spend of about £2m per season throughout and yet we were an established top 7 team for over a decade.

Well put.

This whole "top 6" thing is hyped up but when you break it down, there's only two that have strengthened in United and City.

The rest are hit with problems either with squad or starting 11.

Not saying we'll gatecrash as I've problems with the manager. But it's far away from a closed shop.

You're gonna get a Leicester or Southampton etc pushing 7th upwards also.

Can't see Southampton getting that high but certainly Leicester and West Ham have spent well.

I think with a half decent CF and CB along with Gylfi then we could seriously threaten the so called " top 6"

First of all, Koeman doesn't replace anyone, so it's not all about Koeman. He has also said clearly that replacing him is a priority in as recent as his last press conference, so you are factually wrong there.

Second of all, of you seriously think Spurs is finishing in a CL spot with Kane or that LFC is doing the same without Coutinho, you are mistaken.

Taking those two players out of those teams and those teams still have a better chance at top 4 than us. Your argument here is exactly the same argument other fans have about us after selling Lukaku. To everyone on the outside we've sold our best player, our main goal threat and haven't replaced him at all (yet). But we know that no one player makes or breaks the club. The same logic applies to every other team, and the transfer window is still open.

The teams most likely replacing Spurs and RS for top 4 would be Arsenal or Manchester United. We're not that close to top 4 yet. Nor are we miles away. But we'll need to massively improve our record against last years top 6 before I'm remotely confident of top 4. Our opening games are a good test and a good reality check.

Yeah mate: we all know how the selection of this data and that data can make Martinez look this way or that way. It's all partial and nonsensical.

The relevant thing (both on that point and for this thread) is that he set a points record here that needs to be at least gotten near to again for us to do well this season and following ones.

He reached a line further forward in that respect than we've ever done and that's what all subsequent Everton managers need to be shooting for to give us a good chance of securing CL football.

Your bought him up again.

In here please.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/martinez-new-belgium-head-coach.90386/page-245

5th place would be a significant improvement on last season, that would represent a good year provided there was movement on the new stadium. A cup win would be success.
We need to look at the whole club and improvements both on and off the field of play.
I think we can all agree, with the notable exception of Sigurdsson, our efforts in the transfer window have improved.
We have also seen very good young players wanting to be at Everton.

5th place would be a significant improvement on last season, that would represent a good year provided there was movement on the new stadium. A cup win would be success.
We need to look at the whole club and improvements both on and off the field of play.
I think we can all agree, with the notable exception of Sigurdsson, our efforts in the transfer window have improved.

Be off with you and your rational common sense approach!! It has no business here amongst the ranting and backsliding and overall misery.

It's the start of the season ffs, we must have blind, blinkered pessimism. Down with the toffees, nothing will ever be good enough..

What has off-field matters to do with team performance? Why cant we judge them in isolation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back