2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate Zouma a lot, but his defending for that 3rd goal is the difference between making it at a Chelsea and being able to challenge for the title/top 4, and only being good enough for an Everton...a side hoping to break in to the top 5 or 6. The very top players don't allow that ball to come over and they have the right mentality that says "i'm not allowing that ball to be crossed in". He didn't do enough and I think it speaks volumes as to why he hasn't made it there.

In terms of our level though, I would love him here and think he is a very good defender. Hope we can sign him.

Would just like to single this guy out for specific criticism.

He was absolutely atrocious. He has zero spacial awareness and is never in the right position. He's an absolute liability. Should be nowhere near the team.

People are conned by his pace but he's an extremely poor defender who can't read the game.

Thought he was mainly at fault for the first goal. If he’s leaving it to Pickford he just has to get out of the way, while ideally blocking the run of Son. Pickford also at fault clearly, but not solely.

He was absolutely atrocious. He has zero spacial awareness and is never in the right position. He's an absolute liability. Should be nowhere near the team.

People are conned by his pace but he's an extremely poor defender who can't read the game.
Agree, I dont get the praise for him on here. We have conceded the most goals with him in the side.

I’d have to agree with you.
Having missed the game today and instead having been subjected to the highlights (or lowlights) on MOTD2 he was poorly positioned for several goals and other spurs attacks.
Even when he fails to read the first ball in or first cross, he should still react to the danger. However when the ball comes back in to play (such as after a Pickford save) he just stands and watches while the spurs players get to the ball and stick it in the net.

I’d have to agree with you.
Having missed the game today and instead having been subjected to the highlights (or lowlights) on MOTD2 he was poorly positioned for several goals and other spurs attacks.
Even when he fails to read the first ball in or first cross, he should still react to the danger. However when the ball comes back in to play (such as after a Pickford save) he just stands and watches while the spurs players get to the ball and stick it in the net.

Not getting on his back per say, but he was also part of the leakiest defence in the league last year... based on that, you can see why can’t you?

Reactions: Loz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back