2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont rate this lad at all, think hes a massive liability.

I used to rate him to be honest, he was excellent he picked up a bad injury at Chelsea just as he was breaking through and i dont think he ever recovered really or missed vital stages in his development. Watched him a fair bit for Stoke last year and game him the benefit of doubt because they were dire. But overall hes just not good enough in my opinion.

Back to Chelsea in my opinion and should be a squad player for the rest of the season.

Dont rate this lad at all, think hes a massive liability.

I used to rate him to be honest, he was excellent he picked up a bad injury at Chelsea just as he was breaking through and i dont think he ever recovered really or missed vital stages in his development. Watched him a fair bit for Stoke last year and game him the benefit of doubt because they were dire. But overall hes just not good enough in my opinion.

Back to Chelsea in my opinion and should be a squad player for the rest of the season.
Do you agree he is our best CB though?

Interesting how much he seems to divide opinion. I think he's decent but the whole back 4 had a nightmare yesterday with that vacuous midfield partnership infront. Mina back in for Burnley, could do with his arial ability against route 1 FC.

...thought he was fire fighting yesterday, particularly covering for Digne. He’d be my first choice CB.
I agree with this, both centre halves were regularly pulled out of position due to the lack of cover in front and on both sides. Digne and Coleman were often too far up the pitch and weren't helped out by their attacking partner. Richarlison in particular may has well have stayed in the changing room. Keane and Zouma didn't stand a chance really.

You're going to concede a lot of goals in that case.

A massive liability.

Every bit a defender who was deservedly relegated last season.

...when Keane got spun in the box against the Reds and the Forward was about to score, Zouma had the power and will power to cover. Yesterday when Kane got free and beyond Keane, it was Zouma who had the power and will power to recover the situation. Once a forward gets beyond Keane, he’s out of the game.

Keane was static yesterday, Zouma was covering. It’s about having the right strategy and partnership. Zouma provides much needed athleticism, our full backs need to be selective and not gung-ho in going forward and Zouma needs the right partner.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Keane has performed better and looked less vulnerable this season since the introduction of Zouma. With the right tactics and personnel, he’s the type of defender we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back