Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Kyle Naughton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk - Everton FC - Everton FC deny making bid for Sheffield United's Kyle Naughton

EVERTON have denied reports that they have lodged a £5m bid for Sheffield United’s promising full-back Kyle Naughton.

The Goodison club did make an enquiry about the 20-year-old but both clubs’ valuation of the player were miles apart and Everton have not been back in touch since.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Dont you know nothin? It's the EVERTON WAY.

Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk - Everton FC - Everton FC deny making bid for Sheffield United's Kyle Naughton

EVERTON have denied reports that they have lodged a £5m bid for Sheffield United’s promising full-back Kyle Naughton.

The Goodison club did make an enquiry about the 20-year-old but both clubs’ valuation of the player were miles apart and Everton have not been back in touch since.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Oh come on MG

We're only on 18 pages, gotta get it up to 200:P

has anyone actually seen in real life, and not fifa, kyle naughton play 90 minutes of football?

has anyone actually seen in real life, and not fifa, kyle naughton play 90 minutes of football?

Yes, lots of people, assumedly. I'm not one of them though. I had this exchange about him with a Sheffield United fan on another forum yesterday:

Me: Sky Sports report that Everton have bid £3.5m, rising to £5m with appearances, for Sheffield United's England Under-21 international full back Kyle Naughton. If he's anything like the last defender we signed from them I'll be made up :).

Blade: If we accept that, then somebody is getting murdered. :angry:

Me: He's good then? I don't know much about him, do tell.

Blade: He's been brilliant for us so far and considering some of the money you see flying around on English players he's worth more than that, IMO. Good defender, good going forward, versatile etc.

Sheffield United manager Kevin Blackwell has refuted claims that Everton have been closing in on signing England U-21 star Kyle Naughton.

Rumours circulating claimed that David Moyes had fronted a bid of approximately £5 million for the talented right-back but, according to Blackwell, the negotiations never took place.

"There is loads of speculation about at the moment and I am not into commenting on that," Blackwell told the club’s official website.

"Nobody from Everton has contacted me about Kyle so, as far as I am concerned, there is nothing in it and I am not aware of anything from anybody else."

Naughton is regarded as one of the hottest prospects in English football, the 20-year-old supposedly sparking interest from Manchester United as well as Everton.

I hate all this crap. I wish the media would source all their stories so we could see who is telling lies and who is telling the truth. And I wish that every bid was immediately made public so we didn't have to speculate and guess all the time whether or not a bid had really been made, and everything was up front and in the open.

Rant over.

I hate all this crap. I wish the media would source all their stories so we could see who is telling lies and who is telling the truth. And I wish that every bid was immediately made public so we didn't have to speculate and guess all the time whether or not a bid had really been made, and everything was up front and in the open.

Rant over.
You know, this is now the second "bid" that has been flatly denied. The frst was for that Leeds lad. Either Kenwright has slapped a non disclosure agreement on their arses or the press have gone hyper in the dream factory.

Rant over.

Thats no fun.

Yes, lots of people, assumedly. I'm not one of them though. I had this exchange about him with a Sheffield United fan on another forum yesterday:

Me: Sky Sports report that Everton have bid £3.5m, rising to £5m with appearances, for Sheffield United's England Under-21 international full back Kyle Naughton. If he's anything like the last defender we signed from them I'll be made up :).

Blade: If we accept that, then somebody is getting murdered. :angry:

Me: He's good then? I don't know much about him, do tell.

Blade: He's been brilliant for us so far and considering some of the money you see flying around on English players he's worth more than that, IMO. Good defender, good going forward, versatile etc.

I've a few mates who follow Championship clubs. They say he's very good...but Sheff Utd holding out for more than £5million is harsh they say.

The kid would jump at the chance to play for us I'm guessing. Its just Sheff Utd wanting more cash. If he hasnt already left this season and Utd dont get into the prem, he'll be offski.

Apparently they have slapped a £7M pricetag on him.

F*** that. We could actually get a international quality fullback for that if we shop around. Not just a kid who might turn out to be good, but might not.

£3m is a risk worth taking. £7m is clearly not when you can buy proven quality with that sort of money.

F*** that. We could actually get a international quality fullback for that if we shop around. Not just a kid who might turn out to be good, but might not.

£3m is a risk worth taking. £7m is clearly not when you can buy proven quality with that sort of money.

I personally think hes worth close to that. Hes going to be a gun.

I personally think hes worth close to that. Hes going to be a gun.
That's why I fear to lump out this sum for an unproven player at this lvl. We need to improve our squad and I think most of us will agree that money will be tight this summer as well unless something drastic happens. So the problem is... should we spend £7M for a player from a lower league just because he MIGHT become a very good player, or should we put that amount on a player that has a proven ability to play at this lvl?

Either way it's a risk, since we don't know if the player will fit our squad (Kroldrup anyone?). But what chance to take?:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back