Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Kyle Naughton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree in general, but you won't have much re-sale value in right back bought for 7 mln. Dani Alves or Glen Johnson deals are exceptions, not a rule.

Dunno mate a decent attacking international quality full-back would cost you a few bob, Cole, Boswinga, Ferriea, Bridge and you mentioned Johnson already.

I dunno mate,

Say you took:

Valente Vs Lescott.
When we signed Lescott he had played a season in the PL, granted he was injured most of it.. but he still had a little of it. Naughton is a complete shot in the dark.

More like our gamble with Cahill.

When we signed Lescott he had played a season in the PL, granted he was injured most of it.. but he still had a little of it. Naughton is a complete shot in the dark.

More like our gamble with Cahill.

I thought he didnt play a game all that season mate, could be wrong like but i remember wanting to see him play that season and was waiting for him to come back from injury.

I thought he didnt play a game all that season mate, could be wrong like but i remember wanting to see him play that season and was waiting for him to come back from injury.
Might be true, I seem to remember he played a little that season but I can be wrong.

True but then again you have to factor in the JoLo factor sign them young devlop there potential triple your money if needed. Its the only way the club can compete lets be honest.

Why sign a 30 year old international "name" prob on big wages (yes they count as well) with little resale value, when we can make an investment on possibly the most talented young RB outside the Prem give his an appropriate salary for his potential get 5 seasons out of him, triple his value and have the possiblilitu of a massive resale value.

To be honest i think this is our overall buisness model.

Of course we'd be able to sell the lad.

But do we need the right side of our team sorting pronto? Yes.

Or do we need to spend £7mill on a lad, keep Hibbo at RB, then give the lad a go next season or so etc etc.

If we had coin to throw about, its a good idea. But for £7mill we would need someone to come in a start kicking arse and taking names IMO.

Of course we'd be able to sell the lad.

But do we need the right side of our team sorting pronto? Yes.

Or do we need to spend £7mill on a lad, keep Hibbo at RB, then give the lad a go next season or so etc etc.

If we had coin to throw about, its a good idea. But for £7mill we would need someone to come in a start kicking arse and taking names IMO.

Not sure mate, even if he did sign RB is Phils for a year or two im pretty happy with that! If the lad comes in he will be blooded similarly to Vaughan, Rods or Gos and even Baines. Cant think of a better man to be understudy and learn your trade from then Neville.

That said we could play close to 60 games next year so i can see Phil being shifted about when needed to.

Not sure mate, even if he did sign RB is Phils for a year or two im pretty happy with that! If the lad comes in he will be blooded similarly to Vaughan, Rods or Gos and even Baines. Cant think of a better man to be understudy and learn your trade from then Neville.

That said we could play close to 60 games next year so i can see Phil being shifted about when needed to.

But again that's £7mill... and we'd need to buy a good defensive mid which would cost upwards of £10mill to replace Pip. There's £17mill gone on two players, one of which will not be playing regularly.

£7million is too much for that type of player. If he was £3-5million I'd be happy with that, blood him when he's ready. But £7mill is nearer £10million, and we could by an established RB for that price.

But again that's £7mill... and we'd need to buy a good defensive mid which would cost upwards of £10mill to replace Pip. There's £17mill gone on two players, one of which will not be playing regularly.

£7million is too much for that type of player. If he was £3-5million I'd be happy with that, blood him when he's ready. But £7mill is nearer £10million, and we could by an established RB for that price.

Fact is mate both you and i know we wont pay 7mill for him, maybe 5 upfront max, Sheff Utd are just trying to flush the best deal out of the market and build the hype. I would walk away at anything over 5.5 myself.

Phils not the answer in DM for me so its a position we would strengrthen anyway, he has done an good job for a full back in there and going into the season its nice to have the optionin the squad. Think we will get Mbia for 6-7 mill if im honest, that would be a fair market value IMO cant see Moyes paying anymore, doesnt he just have a year to go on his contract to. I think Mbia's our man, a lot of sounds coming out about him.

Last edited:
Fact is mate both you and i know we wont pay 7mill for him, maybe 5 upfront max, Sheff Utd are just trying to flush the best deal out of the market and build the hype. I would walk away at anything over 5.5 myself.

Phils not the answer in DM for me so its a position we would strengrthen anyway, he has done an good job for a full back in there and going into the season its nice to have the optionin the squad. Think we will get Mbia for 6-7 mill if im honest, that would be a fair market value IMO cant see Moyes paying anymore, doesnt he just have a year to go on his contract to. I think Mbia's our man, a lot of sounds coming out about him.

I agree. Just reminds me of the Ramsey and Nugent bids from the past 2 seasons...Moyezilla aint no mug and he aint gonna pay over the odds on gamble players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back