Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Kyle Naughton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednsday is the shreholders forum thingy, i could only imagine the scenes if Lescott does one on Monday and there is no one signed.

Organising it on that date would be madness unless there is something immenent, i mean why not have it in October or something, unless something is on.

It surely makes sense to have it pre-season. They know the calender was empty and they are hoping for a lot of shareholders to be on holiday and not show up. Im not expecting anything at all really. I suppose the shareholders have been asking for a meeting and they have given them 1.

Hope we get him. I sense he'll be a great signing for us...and other steal from Sheff United of epic proportions.

Fella on SSN just then has said that we've been given permission to speak to him, finally some movement! It's on the yellow bar now I think

Fella on SSN just then has said that we've been given permission to speak to him, finally some movement! It's on the yellow bar now I think

So it's pretty much a matter of time now unless he wants to stay in the championship.

So how long do you guys think it will be before he regulary starts before hibbo

Link : Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Everton | Toffees in Naughton talks

Toffees in Naughton talks

Blades full-back closing on move to Goodison Park

Last updated: 10th July 2009

Sky Sports News understands Everton have been given permission to speak to Sheffield United full-back Kyle Naughton.

The 20-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to Goodison Park since the end of last season as David Moyes looks to increase his options at right-back.

Blades boss Kevin Blackwell denied receiving a £5million bid for Naughton, but it appears the youngster could now be on his way to Everton.

Naughton only made his first-team debut for the Blades at the start of last season in a Carling Cup tie against Port Vale, having spent a spell on loan at Gretna the previous campaign.

He made a total of 50 appearances as the Blades missed out on promotion to the Premier League after losing to Burnley in the play-off final.

Blackwell told Sky Sports News earlier this week that he would not be surprised if his players were the subject of interest from clubs in the top flight.

Everton look set to be the first team to successfully raid Bramall Lane after opening discussions with Naughton regarding personal terms.

Looks like this lads is on it's way to Everton, finally our Right Back is sorted for the next 8~10 years!

Can't wait for this deal to be complete, now we are just waiting for a winger, player maker and JO's loan to be completed + some squad or loan addition.

Last edited:

I hope something happens! Pull it out of the bag Moyesy lid!

Also says on Sky Sports News -

The Blades' international chairman Terry Robinson said: "We have accepted a bid for Kyle, that's correct.
"The two clubs have been negotiating this last week and we have agreed terms with Everton, but nothing has been agreed with the player.

"We won't be revealing the amount until any deal is done and our acceptance is conditional on Kyle reaching agreement with them over personal terms. It's a good deal for the player and Sheffield United. We wouldn't have agreed to it if it wasn't a good deal for the club."

Seems a done deal already....Happy Days!

Last edited:
I heard it's a deal for £4m up front + various add ons.

Not sure if the add ons mean payment on the drip thereafter, or payment according to games played, etc, etc.

Sounds promising. Let's hope the lad can meet our high expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back