Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Kyle Naughton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every club manager under the sun watched the FA Cup final and witnessed how weak we are on our right flank with Hibbert and Osman. It does not take a genius to work out what the tactics will need to be to beat us and every club manager whilst not a genius will know our weakness.

If it took the FA Cup Final for the rest of the managers in the league to see our right side as a 'weakspot' then they and their scouts are all pretty sh*t at their jobs!! Besides, Hibbert and Osman just had a particularly bad day that day, plus most teams don't have the players to expose it as much as Chelsea did.

But before we brought him, Baines already did well in Premiership. Naughton is far behind him in development and United are expecting to get 7mln for him mostly based on his talent and upside.
I would definitely prefer to spend half of it for a 30 years old proven international like Miguel who can still play well for 2-3 years, than overpaid Naughton.

Well Naughton can come in for £5-7m and play for 4-6 years. Or you can buy Miguel for £3m for 2/3 years, and then what? Spend another £3m on another RB? Or pay more for Naughton then? That doesn't even take into consideration what resale value Naughton would have after 4/5 years.

Well Naughton can come in for £5-7m and play for 4-6 years. Or you can buy Miguel for £3m for 2/3 years, and then what? Spend another £3m on another RB? Or pay more for Naughton then? That doesn't even take into consideration what resale value Naughton would have after 4/5 years.
Why are so many talking about resale value? Yes, you won't get much back when an old player leaves. But as far as I know, you'll want to keep the young player with you until he gets old if he's any good anyway. And there is no guarantee that Naughton will manage in the PL, so we might have to sell him at a loss as well.

Also.. say that scenario 1 is that we sign Naughton and we manage to keep hold on our 5-6 place finishes in the league the next coming 3 seasons. That would mean that we will receive about the same income as we do right now. We then sell him for a small profit and buys another RB.

Scenario 2 is that we sign Miguel and might crack into the top4 once or twice in the coming 3 years. That would mean a huge raise in income and would enable us to buy another young RB that would be able to take over when Miguel retires.

There will always be another young player coming up through the system somewhere in the lower league clubs, that might or might not make it in the PL. It's not like Naughton is unique.

Why are so many talking about resale value? Yes, you won't get much back when an old player leaves. But as far as I know, you'll want to keep the young player with you until he gets old if he's any good anyway. And there is no guarantee that Naughton will manage in the PL, so we might have to sell him at a loss as well.

Also.. say that scenario 1 is that we sign Naughton and we manage to keep hold on our 5-6 place finishes in the league the next coming 3 seasons. That would mean that we will receive about the same income as we do right now. We then sell him for a small profit and buys another RB.

Scenario 2 is that we sign Miguel and might crack into the top4 once or twice in the coming 3 years. That would mean a huge raise in income and would enable us to buy another young RB that would be able to take over when Miguel retires.

There will always be another young player coming up through the system somewhere in the lower league clubs, that might or might not make it in the PL. It's not like Naughton is unique.

True, i didnt really get into that because I dont know the relative strengths of each player. However, unless Miguel is seriously good, I can't see getting him over Naughton propelling us into the top 4. But as I say, I dont know anything about them, maybe he is that good.

Resale value is important basicly becuase it can help fincance loans, basicly the majority of our transfer activites are covered by loans, as such banks look at the borowers (the clubs) ability to pay back that loan, say if the outlay on the squad is 40-50 mill and it is now worth 100mill + the bank see this as a way of the club being able to finance if they are able to pay the loan. One of many factors i must add, but bascily selling a player for more a lot more then you paid, means a quick influx of cash should you be unable to pay your loan.

Thats why our buissness model of buying cheap, improving players and their market value is so important to the club.

30 year old full backs out.

Resale value is important basicly becuase it can help fincance loans
Ok, when said like that I can understand your interest in it.

But I can't understand some that says to sign him and then sell him on in a few years to earn money.. We're not a selling club anymore, and that is the foundation for a selling club.

Highly rated Sheffield United youngster Kyle Naughton could be sold to bring in money for several new signings, with Aston Villa and Everton keen on the £5m-rated defender.

Quoted from the Daily Express ----ASTON VILLA manager Martin O’Neill is set to gazump Everton in the battle to sign Sheffield United’s £7million-rated starlet Kyle Naughton.

He is poised to make a move for full-back Naughton, 20, after seeing David Moyes have a £5m bid rejected.

It's not a gazump because we've not agreed anything. Naughton's probably off Moyes's radar by now because of the big difference in valuations.

Saw that article as well, and I think he should be a pretty good signing as well, I feel something might happen today or tomorrow as Moyes is returning from the training camp today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back