Last Film You Watched

Forrest Gump. I got it in a charity shop. I'd never seen it.
Very funny little quirky bits. The table tennis action is excellent!
Obviously, it's very schmaltzy but Hanks is so likeable with his strange accent and the support is first rate. His girlfriend is a pain but I remember those hippy types tended to be!
Saw it in the cinema. The war scenes, hearing bullets behind you, stays with me as Very impressive cinema. Scope of the story is wonderful at times. A great film.

Mad Max
Didn't like it at all, just terrible. Had some well done vehicle stunts, but that's it. This really was a slog to get through, I was counting down the minutes until it was over. It didn't have a single character worth caring about, and a bunch of the dialogue seemed badly dubbed. Frankenstein from 1931 had better sounding dialogue than this. I intended to watch the entire trilogy, but I might just call it quits after this one. Just not my kind of film I guess. A bit of a surprise really, as I loved Fury Road. 3/10

Currently watching the original 1958 version of The Blob, it’s one of my all time favourite B movies with some of the best effects for the time period that hold up a lot better than most CGI movies these days. It’s on my bucket list to head out to Pennsylvania one year to do Blobfest, a convention held in and around the actual cinema used in the film

Mad Max
Didn't like it at all, just terrible. Had some well done vehicle stunts, but that's it. This really was a slog to get through, I was counting down the minutes until it was over. It didn't have a single character worth caring about, and a bunch of the dialogue seemed badly dubbed. Frankenstein from 1931 had better sounding dialogue than this. I intended to watch the entire trilogy, but I might just call it quits after this one. Just not my kind of film I guess. A bit of a surprise really, as I loved Fury Road. 3/10
There's four, all Miller.
mad max
mad max ii
beyond thunderdome
fury road
Interesting films made on steadily bigger budgets. mega babes in 4.

Yeah I have the boxset, but not sure if I'll watch 2 and 3 after this.
I like the baddie and the ending and the cop sergeant in 1. It sets the scene for why Max deteriorates.
Two is a must, you know the universe now, and you can throw parallels at it till the dingo's come home.
I'm a sucker for Tina Turner, so for me three is golden, from the song to the face offs to the manic train siege and another kick ass ending.
Obvs, you've seen 4. Miller has an eye for detail and grime, and loves real life stunts. None of the films explore the nicer sides of humanity and consumption. If you've bought em, you might as well watch em. Why 4 before the rest? and so why jump to one and have it possibly taint the series? Also, and forgive my incessant nosiness if you can, you've hit the hammer horrors recently like I hit pastry at the cream cake buffet - it's a mighty jump to 80's mad max from there, pray tell why?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back