Last Film You Watched

I like the baddie and the ending and the cop sergeant in 1. It sets the scene for why Max deteriorates.
Two is a must, you know the universe now, and you can throw parallels at it till the dingo's come home.
I'm a sucker for Tina Turner, so for me three is golden, from the song to the face offs to the manic train siege and another kick ass ending.
Obvs, you've seen 4. Miller has an eye for detail and grime, and loves real life stunts. None of the films explore the nicer sides of humanity and consumption. If you've bought em, you might as well watch em. Why 4 before the rest? and so why jump to one and have it possibly taint the series? Also, and forgive my incessant nosiness if you can, you've hit the hammer horrors recently like I hit pastry at the cream cake buffet - it's a mighty jump to 80's mad max from there, pray tell why?

I believe Fury Road was released back when I lived close to a cinema and basically watched anything that was being released. I also thought it was a reboot/not related to the original trilogy storywise? It won't get tainted in my eyes, it's too good for that. I also didn't find the original offensive in a way that could taint anything, I was just bored while watching it. The film didn't manage to make me care about what was going on. I get that it was special for it's time, but in 2023 it just doesn't come across as a good film for me.

Was it intended as a trilogy when released? Because the ending was so, so abrupt.

Why jump from Hammer to Mad Max? Just because I have a pile of blurays laying around that I've yet to watch. Gotta start somewhere. Might do the Lethal Weapon box next.

Watched it last night and felt queasy throughout. Almost distracted me from the fairly wooden script. Still, very well filmed and the two girls did the best with the lines they were given. 6 Russian window suicides out of 10

It had some of the best climbing stunts and camera work, I’ve ever seen.

Truly stomach churning.

Which makes the dreadful script all the more baffling.

No. I am right and you must KNEEL lest there be violence and war
superman-kneel-before-zod.gif

Sorry I concede it was a bit too much

It is a lot and I know what you mean, and I liked it but I'm not sure when Peter Bradshaw became the gospel

I liked it, didn't love it, but it's doing the opposite of ruining cinema as there hasn't been a huge mid budget film in years and it's a welcome change from all the comic book crap

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back