Last Film You Watched

Speed_movie_poster.jpg
1678798762284.webp
speed 9pm itv4.............................................................the thing 9pm (legend channel, number 41) the equalizer remake is also on at 9 on film4 but thats naff!

Recently rewatched the Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings movies with our kids (the oldest 2 had seen them before) and am amazed anew at what utter trash these movies are. Ok, they're fine. It's like if you asked your teenager to paint his/her favorite Picasso and then hang it in your house. They have sentimental value because you know what it is supposed to mean, or maybe if you've never been to an art museum you think they look really nice, but what absolute pieces of trash those movies are. /fin

Recently rewatched the Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings movies with our kids (the oldest 2 had seen them before) and am amazed anew at what utter trash these movies are. Ok, they're fine. It's like if you asked your teenager to paint his/her favorite Picasso and then hang it in your house. They have sentimental value because you know what it is supposed to mean, or maybe if you've never been to an art museum you think they look really nice, but what absolute pieces of trash those movies are. /fin

facepalm-really.gif

I enjoyed the books more than the movies.

If I may, can I poke a huge hole in the plot?

That huge eagle that Gandalf jumps on in the first movie, after he was getting his arse kicked by Saruman...

Why didn't they just use one of those to fly from the Shire to Mordor to destroy the ring?
I mean, it was of great importance that it gets destroyed. We know this because Gandalf mentions it about 100 times.

So, taking an eagle would not have only been the safest way, but it also would have been the quickest.
Did this not occur to anyone? 🤯

One book/movie would have been long enough. 🤔

That huge eagle that Gandalf jumps on in the first movie, after he was getting his arse kicked by Saruman...

Why didn't they just use one of those to fly from the Shire to Mordor to destroy the ring?
I mean, it was of great importance that it gets destroyed. We know this because Gandalf mentions it about 100 times.

So, taking an eagle would not have only been the safest way, but it also would have been the quickest.

If you're not making a joke here I am going to SWAT you.

If you're not making a joke here I am going to SWAT you.
Just making an observation... 😜

Well I'm at it, did you know that this was the original ending that J.R.R Tolkien wanted for the trilogy:

Unfortunately his publisher wasn't having it and they forced him to change the ending. Oh well, what could have been... 😘

I don't know if this is clear in the movies, but in the books Mordor is described as constantly watched. I suspect an eagle would have been spotted, attacked, etc. Also, there is a thread in the books that nobody had any clear plan on what to do, so maybe Gandalf *isn't* as smart as us in the reddit generation who have all these answers. But back to using eagles, maybe you could try flying in at night, or from the back (go to the East then fly West, there is not much attention paid to the East it seems), or maybe if you dug a really long tunnel you could get in. Did Tolkien ever consider using some of Lewis's badgers? At any rate, enjoy your swat because the movies suck.

View attachment 206166

I didn’t read any reviews of this before I watched it and I’m glad I didn’t, as it has mixed reviews and I really enjoyed it.

A military lawyer, is tasked with investigating why a US Air Force paramedic, didn’t receive a posthumous Medal of Honour in Vietnam, many years after his death and the end of the war.

Based on a true story, with an incredible cast. It’s really well put together and incredibly moving in parts.

A proper film.

Netflix.
I've just watched this, it's really good.
Also I'm so glad I left the credits running as they have interviews with the vets talking about the day.
Not the guy Jackson played though so I.wonder if he has passed away

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back