Last Film You Watched

I said earlier in the TV Series thread that Netflix have released Luthor: The Fallen Sun.

If you watched the series then the film is a MUST.
"Luther escapes from prison having taken out about 25 hardened criminals BUT gets taken down by some wimpy looking weirdo and also manages to get another copper killed in the same scene. Nah.

Whats not to enjoy about it?
The villain was ridiculous and miscast, the script was terrible and the plot was worse.
The whole thing reminded me of a ropey and implausible Roger Moore era Bond film.

That said, Idris playing Luther is great. It's a great character.

It's clear early on that the whole piece is an allegory for the Irish Civil War - (although references to it are few it's blindingly obvious).
I've seen this mentioned several times, but I think this is only true to people of a certain heritage/age. I'm sure there's plenty of young people who will have very little idea of the conflict, cetainly we never covered it in school (80s/90s in London), and it was never really explained anywhere else. Great performances, and some good dark humour, but without understanding the references I feel it's good, but a little bit meh. Sure my gf was making comparisons to Waiting for Godot too, which I also know nothing about.

I've seen this mentioned several times, but I think this is only true to people of a certain heritage/age. I'm sure there's plenty of young people who will have very little idea of the conflict, cetainly we never covered it in school (80s/90s in London), and it was never really explained anywhere else. Great performances, and some good dark humour, but without understanding the references I feel it's good, but a little bit meh. Sure my gf was making comparisons to Waiting for Godot too, which I also know nothing about.
Yes sorry. It was blindingly obvious to me, but would be maybe obvious to people with knowledge of the conflict.

Cracking film I thought though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back