Last Film You Watched

I mean, a liberty! One aspect where the Wicks fall short is soundtrack, (which I quite like) compared with Matrix.

The matrix by the way, if ever there never needed to be a franchise it was that. Everything explained in the first film and absolutely no need for any more. The Wachowski brothers (probably being leaned on by the bean counters) cashed in and tried to pretend they were prime Kubrick while trying to be way too clever

The matrix by the way, if ever there never needed to be a franchise it was that. Everything explained in the first film and absolutely no need for any more. The Wachowski brothers (probably being leaned on by the bean counters) cashed in and tried to pretend they were prime Kubrick while trying to be way too clever
The impossible dream of following up a genre definer. The animatrix stuff on the side was better than the sequels. Back to Wick, the hypernerds out there in the realms of the interwebs have the Wick films down as a Matrix fight training app.

The impossible dream of following up a genre definer. The animatrix stuff on the side was better than the sequels. Back to Wick, the hypernerds out there in the realms of the interwebs have the Wick films down as a Matrix fight training app.
Yes, but have they ever kissed a girl? ( I’ve been on the Alan Partridge thread)

Ip man did the fight scenes (master woo Ping?), I know this as my friend is accomplished in wing chun and didn’t stop going on about him. His fight scenes are incredible in all his films

Yes, but have they ever kissed a girl? ( I’ve been on the Alan Partridge thread)

Ip man did the fight scenes (master woo Ping?), I know this as my friend is accomplished in wing chun and didn’t stop going on about him. His fight scenes are incredible in all his films
I suppose on reflection a little unfair, the highway/motorway chase in 2 was another reinvention that changed cinema. 4 was badly bobbins though.

Alita - Battle Angel (2019)

Game of Death, Chappie, Real steel, Edge of tomorrow, Cliff hanger, Elysium, The time machine, more Disney than required, Rollerball. There's some more but they don't spring to mind just yet. A lot of style, not a lot of substance. Interesting seeing Bruce Lee cast as a woman. (or vice versa)

It was set up for a sequel
It had no where to go, she ascends to the erm...'top table' and kicks ass, then we are left in LOTR ii territory re how the 'white witch' is corrupted by absolute power or not. Or drag 90 minutes out of robocop where Peter Weller slaps ED-209's around forever. At a push it branches into AI (2001). 'Short Circuit' (1986) had more heart for me, where the adulation of Frankenstein and Pinocchio provide an view of introspection re humanity. And with that we reach Dickens. Hmm.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back