Last Film You Watched

Retribution Original title: El desconocido
A dishonest banker pays the ultimate price for his wrongdoings when he is held hostage in his own speeding car by a bomb-making extortionist.

Dunno why, but this was on my imdb Watchlist. Really good. So tense to start with. Half an hour in I felt like it must be nearly over, there was that much going on. Great performances by the lead male and teenage girl.

Also watched Mr Nobody last night.
A boy stands on a station platform as a train is about to leave. Should he go with his mother or stay with his father? Infinite possibilities arise from this decision. As long as he doesn't choose, anything is possible.

Another one that's been on my listy for ages. Finally got round to watching it and glad I did. Really good again. A bit confusing with all the jumps back and forth through different timelines, but well worth it.

Champions - Woody Harrelson, decent watch. It's done like a kids film though but with some adult content, which makes it a little odd at times.

Cocaine Bear - completely daft, better than I expected.

Death Dimension - aka Freeze Bomb

The trailer does a better job than any description I could give it. The 'Freeze Bomb' is a complete McGuffin to string together some Jim Kelly action scenes which is no bad thing. And OddJob as a badass 1970s crime overlord in tight polyester clothing is something worth seeing.
Terminator: Genisys - 4/10. This was so bad I almost gave up...picked up slightly in the second half. Characters are bottom-draw. There's a CGI vehicle pile-up which felt so cartoony...compare that with the proper vehicular stuntwork from T2. Sad.
I thought it was fun enough. And I quite enjoyed the ongoing gag about 'Pops' smiling. By no means of great quality but once you're 4/5 films deep into a franchise built off a classic that was never meant to be a franchise then it's never a good idea to use the first 2 as a barometer. Especially as the second being good was a wildly unlikely surprise.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back