Last Film You Watched

Just watched AppleTV’s “Tetris”. Before watching I noticed it had got pretty mixed reactions, seemed to be a pretty Marmite film judging by the reviews.

Personally, I absolutely frickin’ loved it. Probably helped that I grew up with the game and Game Boy as a kid in the late 80’s, and being a massive nerd who loves gaming history who was pretty familiar with the actual IRL history.

It really hit me in the nostalgia feels and had a great soundtrack. Thought it was very well cast with good acting, with a good blend of comedy and more serious aspects, and although obviously heavily dramatised in parts, it kept very loyal to the key real life events.

As far as biopics go, it was one of the best I’ve seen.

Also recommend watching The Gaming Historians YT documentary on the story as an after watch.

yeah we enjoyed it too although felt it did lose it a bit near the end.

they both seem funny in real life too -

It must be nice having a proper entertainer who's genuinely funny and charming on your board of directors, as opposed to the master thespian who sits on ours... 🙄

Jenny vs. Blake? Ummmmm... That's a tough one as well!

Saw Last Year at Marienbad in the cinema. Have seen it many times before, but never on the big screen. Simply outstanding. And Delphine Seyrig 😻

A few dropping in dreadful films...heres one from me

John Wick: Chapter 4. What a piece of crap (in my opinion of course). Dragged on far too long and had insane 'action/fight' scenes to the point of making the movie more boring than engaging or exciting.

John Wick: Chapter 4. What a piece of crap (in my opinion of course). Dragged on far too long and had insane 'action/fight' scenes to the point of making the movie more boring than engaging or exciting.
Been crap since the first one some of Keanu reeves movies have been awful, essentially another Nicolas cage at this point

Krigsseileren (War Sailor)
An extended Netflix miniseries version (three hour-long episodes) of a 2,5 hour long Norwegian film that were originally released in theatres last year. I thought this was really good, and it tells a very important story. Especially the small part about how terribly the war sailors were treated in Norway after the war. It's a massive shame in our countries history as far as I'm concerned. The Norwegian government didn't have the guts to apologize for this until 2013 when most of the war sailors were already dead. No wonder why many people despise politicians. But still, this is mainly a war movie and a pretty good (and bleak) one at that. 8/10

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back