Last Film You Watched

Watched Oppenheimer last night. Although it was long, I never once thought to myself it was dragging, each scene has you engrossed and engaged even though the film bounces around a bit. Fantastic again from Christopher Nolan.
The first 2 to 2 and a half hours, in particular, were paced extremely well - not once did I say, I have to sit through 3 hours here.

It was just so well done

Nightmare Beach - Umberto Lenzi directed killer thriller with a possibly back from the dead mysterious biker electrocuting victims left, right and centre during Spring Break. Released in 1989 but looks like it was shot years earlier with a rocking guitar soundtrack. Riddled with beach babes, hunks and oddball characters with B-movie royalty in John Saxon.

Well worth a look if you like this kind of Giallo-esque colourful not quite video nasty nonsense.

Geostorm - A hungover looking Gerard Butler as the worlds greatest ever scientist, engineer & space acrobat is incredibly difficult to swallow. But nowhere near as difficult as Jim Sturgess being given any kind of political position with his sub Dandy Warhols neu-mullet. No way, not having that. And the overly precocious daughter doing the Sarah Connor style voice overs needs binning as well.

The whole thing's a big stupid mess that absolutely reeks of post test screening reshoots with often terrible CGI but kind of enjoyable and clocks in comfortably under 2 hours.

Talk To Me

Seen this at the cinema a few days ago, pretty original take on the beaten to death exorcism films.
A bunch of teens get hold of an ancient ceramic hand that when you hold it and say I let you in you get possessed by a spirit then the possession can be broken by letting go of the hand and blowing out a candle that was lit before holding the hand.

The teens basically use this as a party drug as it gives them a rush, obviously you can tell things go wrong and get interesting.

Good film of you like horror and especially possession films give it watch

7/10

Talk To Me

Seen this at the cinema a few days ago, pretty original take on the beaten to death exorcism films.
A bunch of teens get hold of an ancient ceramic hand that when you hold it and say I let you in you get possessed by a spirit then the possession can be broken by letting go of the hand and blowing out a candle that was lit before holding the hand.

The teens basically use this as a party drug as it gives them a rush, obviously you can tell things go wrong and get interesting.

Good film of you like horror and especially possession films give it watch

7/10
IMG_4344.webp

great film that, possibly my all time favourite movie. Must have watched it at least a dozen times.

I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you done to Ned

All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.

Clint’s greatest film but Hackman steals the show. What an actor.

“Duck, I says”

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back