Last Film You Watched

She wasn't Japanese, she was Chinese/Japanese American, they even explain that in the film, but then racists aren't very clever so I'm glad they didn't get the chance to watch a great film.

As I say, racists aren't very clever.

What next, Daryl Hannah didn't really only have 1 eye, so everyone with 2 eyes walked out in disgust.

So a mixed Chinese/Japanese American female becomes the head of a Japanese crime family in Japan (never happening in reality) but actually the actress isnt Japanese whatsoever...

...she is Chinese.

Hence why the Japanese audience was offended due to the 'racist' portrayal that they saw in front of their eyes.

Not been to Japan have you @Goat they certainly dont like to be offended or dishonoured and Tarentino should have used a Japanese actress --or found a mixed Chinese/Japanese one as it stated.

Do you think all Asians look the same ?

So a mixed Chinese/Japanese American female becomes the head of a Japanese crime family in Japan (never happening in reality) but actually the actress isnt Japanese whatsoever...

...she is Chinese.

Hence why the Japanese audience was offended due to the 'racist' portrayal that they saw in front of their eyes.

Not been to Japan have you @Goat they certainly dont like to be offended or dishonoured and Tarentino should have used a Japanese actress --or found a mixed Chinese/Japanese one as it stated.

It's a film Zat.

I don't think Uma Thurman is a trained assassin.

...she is Chinese.

Unknown.webp

I must be getting old but I quite enjoyed this. You kind of guess the gist of it right from the start but soon forgive this and the sentimental mush bits and the obligatory token woke virtue signal, because it is a very well put together movie ...

Watched that 'Dune' last night out of sheer boredom. Didn't think I'd like it that much but actually quite enjoyed it.
Might pick up the books at some point. 🤓
Decent film, I’m lucky I read some of it beforehand as without having some back story bits of the film don’t make sense and leave questions (Why Stellan Skarsgard floats about and why he’s stuck to the ceiling for one!) I found the books to go proper expansively mental. New film is out later this year 👍

Decent film, I’m lucky I read some of it beforehand as without having some back story bits of the film don’t make sense and leave questions (Why Stellan Skarsgard floats about and why he’s stuck to the ceiling for one!) I found the books to go proper expansively mental. New film is out later this year 👍
For me, my one critique is the casting of Lady Jessica

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back