Last Film You Watched

The first 2 to 2 and a half hours, in particular, were paced extremely well - not once did I say, I have to sit through 3 hours here.

It was just so well done
I never understand the obsession that some people (not necessarily you) have with the length of a film. If it engages, it engages. If it's crap then it doesn't matter how long it lasts.

I never understand the obsession that some people (not necessarily you) have with the length of a film. If it engages, it engages. If it's crap then it doesn't matter how long it lasts.
"We have the motive which is money and the body which is dead" - 'In the heat of the night' - Poitier vs Steiger. Pretty good so far as that subject goes.

And onto Thursday evenings potential...
MV5BMTY2NDI2MTc2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA2NTQzMw@@._V1_.jpg

Not seen this, cast is pretty strong, 2007 film, it's on 'Quest' @ 10pm, (quest is freeview channel 12), beware it's a late finish knocking off at 1:30am. solid reviews, could be a goer.
Glacial.

It's not necessarily the length but how much feels superfluous to the story serving little to no purpose. There are films where it feels like nothing moves forward for no particular reason and the attention starts to drift.

Apocalypse Now with or without the plantation scenes is a good example. One of those cuts is too long but neither is a crap film.

Watched one of those in Tokyo. People walked out when they saw Lucy Liu pretending to be Japanese.

Poor casting to say the least.

Chiaki Kuriyama as her number 2 was a good choice though. The ugly one in Battle Royale.
She wasn't Japanese, she was Chinese/Japanese American, they even explain that in the film, but then racists aren't very clever so I'm glad they didn't get the chance to watch a great film.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back