Last Film You Watched

I watched "A Most Wanted Man"...decent slow-burn spy-chasey stuff. The acting, once again, by Philip Seymour Hoffman was incredible. I am still crushed that he is no longer around to dazzle us with his acting talents. But the film was a bunch of American actors playing German characters in Germany and they all spoke English with a German accent. I thought this ploy ended about 60years ago with Hogan's Heroes.

I watched "A Most Wanted Man"...decent slow-burn spy-chasey stuff. The acting, once again, by Philip Seymour Hoffman was incredible. I am still crushed that he is no longer around to dazzle us with his acting talents. But the film was a bunch of American actors playing German characters in Germany and they all spoke English with a German accent. I thought this ploy ended about 60years ago with Hogan's Heroes.
Ahhhh zeee ingleesh acksent…

And now I am going to be searching the web for this or similar that ships to Mordor
I believe they ship worldwide...

get on the ready-line marine....

The King's Man.

Prequel to Kingsmen and Kingsmen 2, starring Ralph Fiennes, Gemma Arterton and Djimon Hounsou. Good in parts, but the pacing is all over the place and the tone lurches back and forth. One minute it's trying to lecture the viewer about the brutality of war and the need to avoid conflict at all costs, next minute it's comedy and then we're seeing a Bond movie in all but name.

Some excellent fight choreography and I liked the attempt to weave the plot around real-life events / notable figures in history, although this was sadly inconsistent: Princip and Rasputin were portrayed well, whereas Mata Hari was not. Casting was good - Charles Dance as Lord Kitchener, in particular.

The hand-to-hand fight scene in no-man's land, in darkness and near-silence, was actually quite disturbing. From my limited reading of that period of history (WW1 trench warfare) it seemed quite realistic.

5/10

Telly for later.

Bonnie and Clyde (1963) on bbc2 at 10:30pm (Has a favourite of mine in it, Hackman)
Lethal Weapon (1987) on channel5 at 10:10pm (How hasn't this been remade yet?)
Hulk (2003) on ITV4 at 10pm

Then the big one, 'Enter the dragon', channel5 on at 12:10am.

House of the dragon HBO 2am (if anyone has a stick)
Are either one of those movies the one where he faces off in a final showdown... Against Chuck Norris, in the Colosseum of all places?

Talk about dramatic effect.

You've got to love Bruce though...
At the time, Chuck was the continental US karate champion, and when Bruce asked him to be in his movie, Chuck asked: 'Are you sure you want to fight the champion?'

Bruce responded: 'No! I want to kill the champion!' Tongue in cheek of course, but with a subtle degree of that famous Bruce Lee cockiness. 😂

House of the dragon HBO 2am (if anyone has a stick)

Are either one of those movies the one where he faces off in a final showdown... Against Chuck Norris, in the Colosseum of all places?

Talk about dramatic effect.

You've got to love Bruce though...
At the time, Chuck was the continental US karate champion, and when Bruce asked him to be in his movie, Chuck asked: 'Are you sure you want to fight the champion?'

Bruce responded: 'No! I want to kill the champion!' Tongue in cheek of course, but with a subtle degree of that famous Bruce Lee cockiness. 😂

Edit: Way of the Dragon!

House of the Dragon is that bloody Game of Thrones spin-off series, FFS isn't it mate?! 😂😂

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back