Last Film You Watched

View attachment 260050

Brilliant.

Really gritty compared to Fury Road, tips a massive nod to the first two Mad Max films with the cinematography and production.

The stunts are truly out of this world, especially the first fuel tanker battle scene, which must’ve lasted fifteen minutes.

Chris Hemsworth hams it up brilliantly as the co lead and despite my reservations, Anya Taylor Joy was pretty much perfect as the young Furiosa.

Considering it was two and half hours long, I felt like I’d been in for 30 mins.
Watched this last night and agree with you completely. The action scenes and stunts are magnificent, there isn’t a dull moment in the whole film and it keeps you engrossed until the end. Like you, I was apprehensive with the casting but both Hemsworth (Who is normally coasting through the uninspiring and lazy Marvel muck) and Taylor Joy excelled.

Well in George Miller, another cracker!

Mad max Fu

Watched this last night and agree with you completely. The action scenes and stunts are magnificent, there isn’t a dull moment in the whole film and it keeps you engrossed until the end. Like you, I was apprehensive with the casting but both Hemsworth and Taylor Joy excelled.

Well in George Miller, another cracker!

It’s also very raw too, harking back to the first two, which can only be deliberate given the enormous budget they must’ve had.

The easy option would’ve been to go for something big and flashy, but they went the other way, which is a very brave thing to do.

Plus, the continued development of Furiosa as a new Mad Max franchise is working out wonderfully too.

It’s also very raw too, harking back to the first two, which can only be deliberate given the enormous budget they must’ve had.

The easy option would’ve been to go for something big and flashy, but they went the other way, which is a very brave thing to do.

Plus, the continued development of Furiosa as a new Mad Max franchise is working out wonderfully too.
It’s certainly in the vein of the originals, even down to some of the action scenes being sped up. I would also suggest that there are a lot of very clever and thought provoking themes running through it as to how bleak the world is and how that moulds how the characters behave in it.
I’m glad that Miller used the budget on welding, mechanics and stunt people as the result is a fantastic film! I hope he does a few more films as there are not many directors like him.

I watched Fall yesterday, but I'm sorry I did because it set off my anxiety about heights and left me shaking. Stupidly I thought it might have helped me overcome my fear, but no :(

Don't get me wrong, it is a decent enough movie.

I`m the same, scared the living daylights out of me and as you say, a really good low budget film, with a cracking twist at the end too.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back