Last Film You Watched

It was ok in parts bit too derivative for me from those late eighties early to mid nineties serial killer flicks. It’s like it taken the parts they liked most of all and mashed them into a film. Then added a sprinkling of satanic panic in there. The colours are desaturated, and the lighting is moody and dark. Ok (ish)
Started off intriguing, but by the end it was pretty dull.
I just watched Mandy. That's much better, imo. Still weird, but in a much more enjoyable way. 2nd half of it felt like a video game sequence.

The juice is loose.
She's had enough botox to make herself impervious to missile attack let alone expression, and he's usually good value.
Otho from the original sadly died in 2010 almost 14 years to the day of this release, and the less said about the mr deetz actor probably for the best.

Also gave the new John Woo flick a watch...
MV5BNzFlYmExM2QtZWNkYi00MTdiLWE4YmQtNjJkYTMzY2IzMWNiXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

I hate to say it, John Woo is becoming a bit John Poo in his old age.

It was a contrived plot in which he used a lot of his old filming techniques again.

Symbolic-meaning-of-White-doves-in-John-Woo-movies-.jpg

For instance... The use of doves flying around in slow motion before a fight scene is about to start. Anyone know what the symbolism behind this is? Is it an Asian thing? Whatever the case, it didn't help this film... 🤷‍♂️
I watched it half way through yesterday and will finish it today. I'm enjoying it tbf. Not brain taxing and a bit predictable as you say, but it's an easy watch. Liking Missandei in an action role. It suits her.

Monkey Man

An utterly thrilling, visceral, bonkers rollercoaster of a movie which had me totally hooked from the very start

Film of the year by a mile so far
Just watched it. Really good film. Some of the videography and cinematics were superb.

I would describe it as a “Westernised Indian John Wicks”, if that didn’t make it sound crap, but it does, so I won’t, because it really isn’t 😄

Watched a couple last night, to get away from the transfer lunacy.

A Quiet Place Day One.

It lacks all the everything the first two have, poor writing, flat spots all the way through the film and you care more about the cat, than any of the characters and I felt really sorry for the cast, as they did their best, with what was in reality a shockingly bad film, almost B movie standard.

Borderlands.

Not as bad as the critics are making out, but I`m glad I didn`t go to the cinema to see it.

Cate Blanchet is surprisingly good in the lead and looks like she`s having fun.

Massively daft in parts and some of the CGI is a bit wayward, but visually good, even if some of the sets look they`ve come of Robo Wars.

Entertaining if you just want to remove your brain for 1hr 40.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back