Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing has happened. But a Swansea fan has posted some interesting posts re Moores and his business/club owner activities.

I want to know of the other offers on the table as I'm pretty sure they will be better for Everton than these. It's probable that these may have offered the highest bid for the shares, rather than have a package that benefits Everton in the best manner.
Correct. How i see it too hence they have been given this exclusivity until the end of January.
We new to hear from other bidders soon I hope.

I get the feeling from quotes about Royston Vasey etc you feel we didn't fancy the takeover cos we're a bunch of hillbillies who don't like intruders. Since Vincent Tan took over our biggest rivals we have been wary of foreign investment. Our current board have no money but they have done a good job & the Swansea fan who 'had the feeling' is in charge of the Supporters Trust, had conversations with Moores/Noelle & looked in to their background. If Everton supporters feel it's worth the risk then good luck to you. Do you have outright proof that their intentions are honorable. While you make up your mind, read this article that appeared in a San Diego newspaper in 2009:-

Moores, Cronies to Pay about $55 Million in Peregrine Settlement
By Don Bauder, October 16, 2009

• Although all the details are not final, there is an agreement for John Moores and former board members and officers of fraud-tainted Peregrine Systems to pay roughly $55 million to victims of the swindle. The agreement was hammered out today (Oct. 16) by lawyers representing both sides. The deal will be submitted to federal judge Roger Benitez Monday for final action. "Everything is now approved," says San Diegan Richard Kipperman, who was appointed successor litigation trustee after an internal battle among attorneys pressing the case.

Moores was chairman of Peregrine with an office in the building. He had paid a mere 33 to 59 cents a share for his stock. He dumped $487 million of it during the actual fraud period, and about $650 million, almost all he controlled, through the history of the company. Several executives of the company were convicted criminally for their role in the fraud. Moores was never charged, and a judge in the criminal cases wouldn't let defense lawyers bring up Moores's windfall. Civil suits showed clearly that the board, including Moores, had been told of accounting and other irregularities by the chief executive, but one San Diego judge after another, including Benitez, let the board members, particularly Moores, off the hook. In one instance, the company's lawyer warned board members not to sell their stock, because they knew of an upcoming acquisition that might knock the shares down. Nonetheless, Moores dumped massively prior to the acquisition announcement. "The pigs are at the trough," said the attorney. Moores got away with it. He put some of the proceeds of his Peregrine stock sales into the Padres ballpark, subsidized by the City for more than $300 million. Moores is said to have made up to a billion dollars on land deals tied to ballpark district real estate that he got for a lowball price. He denies he raked in that much. He has now taken his winnings to Texas, after slashing the payroll of the Padres.

When it was evident that Peregrine would fall in disgrace, Moores brought in his personal attorney, Charles La Bella, who quarterbacked a study by the law firm of Latham & Watkins. To no one's surprise, it vindicated Moores and the board. The lawyer for the Securities and Exchange Commission bought into that Latham & Watkins study. Shortly, he went to work for Latham & Watkins.
Isn't this old hat?

I'm sure I read that two weeks ago when this all was first mooted?

Why is anybody worried bill.has been looking 24/7 for the right owners , dont you trust him to do just that?

But to expand on this, I do trust Bill to a degree, hes made mistakes, but I do think he does have the clubs interest at heart.

Sir Phillip Green and Robert Earl tho.

...these sound like yahoos to me like, but it'd be out of the frying pan into the frying pan as far as a shift from Green and Earl are concerned.

I'm sure some Yank newspaper reporting a move by those two for a US sports 'franchise' would present their involvement in Everton in a similar alarmist manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back