Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As you read in @The Esk's post, the Glazers leveraged the value of the club to secure enough capital to purchase the club. That's not necessarily bad, but the amount of capital required and the interest payments required to secure that have definitely hurt the club. While they have experienced unquestionable growth, how much bigger could they be if they weren't spending so much on interest payments which are not adding value to the club. Not to even consider how much of the added costs of financing have been passed down onto the supporters going to the match.
On the other hand, if Manchester United were still a publicly traded company like they were before the Glazers took them over, would they have experienced anywhere close to the revenue growth they have since then? It was the year after the Glazers bought them that they signed that insane sponsorship deal with AIG that put them on an entirely different level from every other English club, after all.

I've been enjoying my Christmas holidays and took a few days off from football since Stoke so I haven't been keeping up with takeover talk.

The point you have made here is exactly the same concern some have over the large interest payments we are making for the club's outstanding debts. We are now in a position thanks to the TV deal to be able to comfortably finance that debt, but at the time when it was taken on we were seeing a lot of the club's expenses being related to financing that long-term debt. I would hate to see us get out of this situation only to find us in the same situation under new ownership.

As you read in @The Esk's post, the Glazers leveraged the value of the club to secure enough capital to purchase the club. That's not necessarily bad, but the amount of capital required and the interest payments required to secure that have definitely hurt the club. While they have experienced unquestionable growth, how much bigger could they be if they weren't spending so much on interest payments which are not adding value to the club. Not to even consider how much of the added costs of financing have been passed down onto the supporters going to the match.

I was playing devil's advocate as much as anything mate. If any new owners used debt to, say, finance a new stadium, and that debt had a low enough interest rate to make the numbers stack up then that's fine, though I doubt Venture Capitalists would be happy with that interest rate.

If they loaded us up with debt to buy the club itself and so effectively put very little of their own money in, that's never going to be good for the club, and is purely a method of making rich folk richer, with very little risk on their side.

All that tells us is a price, though (and it's only a guess at that). No one has any concrete information on how the deal would be financed, who the other investors are, or what the consortium actually plans for the club after any sale goes through. It's all been speculation based on the little dribs and drabs we know about Moores and Noelle.

It is the worry on how the deal is going to be financed that is one concern - although £200m for a PL club facing the riches of the new TV deal is not a great sum of money at this corporate level
The other major concern in your post is the word "consortium" ............. it could be a right muddle

Ah, fair point

*sits at back of class and looks sheepish

This period of exclusivity is going to seem like an eternity. Roll on Februray !
I would never deign to upbraid you sir.
One of those things that isn't really obvious.
Would have inserted a smile but this phone pits them at the start of the message which is non-etiquette and would make me look even more thick.

On the other hand, if Manchester United were still a publicly traded company like they were before the Glazers took them over, would they have experienced anywhere close to the revenue growth they have since then? It was the year after the Glazers bought them that they signed that insane sponsorship deal with AIG that put them on an entirely different level from every other English club, after all.
United are a public company traded on NYSE I think. It was de-listed from London, taken private then re-listed a couple of years back from memory.

United are a public company traded on NYSE I think. It was de-listed from London, taken private then re-listed a couple of years back from memory.
You're right, but it's the seven or eight years that they weren't listed where they really exploded in revenue. I mean, there's every chance that might have happened anyway, but I don't think it's something that can be entirely discounted if you're talking about the effect the Glazers have had on the club.

Havent been through the whole of this thread so i apologise if its been brought up already.

Managed to read alot of opinions of fans of the Padre Baseball team. They hate these owners. Say they ruined them. Didnt give many thanks so i discounted most of the opinions. What i gathered from it was people in San Diego hate them.

Havent been through the whole of this thread so i apologise if its been brought up already.

Managed to read alot of opinions of fans of the Padre Baseball team. They hate these owners. Say they ruined them. Didnt give many thanks so i discounted most of the opinions. What i gathered from it was people in San Diego hate them.

To bring you up to speed.

I think the general stance is lets see what, if anything, they say. And what anyone else says, or does.

End of the day mate he's been "looking" for investment for over a decade. Right or wrong to find the "perfect" owners will take us another decade if ever

So we either go with someone who'll treat us like a business, which is the opposite to now. Or we carry on and let Palace, West Ham, RS, Spurs etc over-take us financially.

Villa are now being used as the new Portsmouth, who were the new Leeds...the same old horror stories for people worried about a change that we desperately need.

Or we can just stagnate

How many takeovers over the last 10 years would you class as the blue print, the success story, the blue sky thinking for ours?

There is not a shadow of doubt that Jon Woods would support Bill Kenwright in any vote, about anything. He is a very close personal friend of BK and is on the board simply to support BK in votes, and 'other ways' on occasion. Source; absolutely impeccable.

Well considering hes seen his initial investment of around 8m grow into something worth around 66m, yeah im sure he would suck Bill off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back