Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are new owners likely to take over by only buying out the major shareholders? In other words will minor shareholders hear about this before it goes through?

Are new owners likely to take over by only buying out the major shareholders? In other words will minor shareholders hear about this before it goes through?

I believe if they make an offer for a majority they also have to make an offer to the minor shareholders?

I may have over simplified that.

Not too sure about that. Always been one with a very wary approach to potential investors. If we don't get it right, it could potentially hurt us even more than under the current ownership. I appreciate we're in desperate need for investors, just pray we get it spot on if we do.
Owners DT...not investors. Bill is looking to finally sell up for real.

End of the day, none of us will know if this is potentially a good move or not until the deal(if there is one) is announced by the parties involved.
Even then, there's no guarantees of what the future holds.
What we can say with a degree of certainty is that if we don't get new owners then we will carry on as a mid-table, sometimes good, sometimes bad club which will never achieve it's previous highs...in other words, mediocrity.
I, for one, am sick of watching a club that I have seen be the best team in Europe just accept being also-rans and start to fall even further behind clubs that we once scared the life out of when they saw the upcoming fixture.
I'd rather roll the dice and gamble myself

If and when he sells Kenwright will do whats best for himself, something thats often been repeated on here.

Money talks as far as he is concerned.

I'd guess there's certainly some truth in that. I think, if they end up with more than one bid on the table and one's significantly worth more to Earl, Kenwright and Woods than the others, then they'd go for the highest one.

But, if there wasn't much between the bids it might be different.

Over to you Bill.

Mots likley scenario is ...

Any new owner would get agreement from the board to sell their shares, the board then call an EGM to present the case for the deal as an recommended offer to the other shareholders.

I'd guess there's certainly some truth in that. I think, if they end up with more than one bid on the table and one's significantly worth more to Earl, Kenwright and Woods than the others, then.they'd go for the highest one
But, if there wasn't much between the bids it might be different.

Over to you Bill.

Human nature Woolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back