Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Further to the piece I wrote earlier today, a big thank you to the considerably more than 100,000 who read the article and those who provided an overwhelmingly positive response, a response which I believe reflects the feelings of many Evertonians.

I hope the board and would-be bidders reflect upon this response and act accordingly.

Many thanks again.
If I was comparing your literary skills to an artist, Rembrandt would spring to mind. Similarly the bloke who paints the lines on our local pitch, when I read Chico's guff

If I was comparing your literary skills to an artist, Rembrandt would spring to mind. Similarly the bloke who paints the lines on our local pitch, when I read Chico's guff

Bit harsh on the line painter that!!! Its not easy keeping it straight and getting the measurements right you know!!

Still trying to catch up with this thread after Christmas break but one of the main questions that arises is how this group would work with a passionate fanbase like Everton's. That would be a big difference from their ownership of the Padres which has one of the more relaxed, less committed group of fans in baseball. I think Fulham would be a fitting parallel.

I've been out of the loop here for the past week but it seems likely the (potential) deal is leveraged?

If so I am 100% out.

If BK thinks "they aren't much richer but they know sports better" well it's true but the degree to which they are better at managing sports teams is NOT worth selling the club to attain.

Honestly if they don't have money then he just needs to hire a better, fully empowered, CEO. A CEO he takes as seriously as he did hiring Moyes or Martinez. Then let that person loose. A competent CEO could find MILLIONS extra from a brand like Everton.

If all the new owners might bring is an extra 5m a year for instance I genuinely believe we have that just sitting around waiting to be picked up.

For all the bad things I've said about him, I am still surprised BK would be looking at it if that's the case. Not going to speculate about why he may have changed his tune but the one positive thing I have ever said about him is that he loves the club and I didn't think he'd sell us out.

Anyway not going to get too worked up about speculation about a deal that will never happen but once again 100% out if they are looking to leverage part or all of the acquisition.

I avoid talking about this stuff too much here but I say this as someone who has in previous roles participated in a leveraged buyout of a multi-million dollar company -- we showed up, fired almost everyone, took money they *should* have made themselves and used it to pay them for their own property and now they have nothing (bar a "fair" fee of course). Nobody who does this stuff has any intention bar making a crap load of money off people who weren't utilizing their assets effectively enough. Essentially smart people with no or limited morals show up and take advantage of dumb people -- and there are a LOT of dumb millionaires out there. Way more than you'd think. Almost nobody seems to know how to run a business effectively and a lot of people, even people with tens and hundreds of millions in sales, have wafer thin margins and are one bad year away from getting a call from a vulture. It's horrifying ... I think it's my next career move actually -- it's so damn easy and the money is just insane. Either that or House of Lies consulting. Straight and narrow is for suckers.

EFC definitely doesn't leverage its assets well enough and are therefore a prime candidate here. It doesn't mean the new owners will destroy everything of course (that doesn't make sense) but if they're looking at it through that lens then they are in it ONLY for the money.

If you guys want a billion dollar US equity firm to come in and buy the business I can have three more knocking on Bill's door tomorrow morning but they all want the same exact thing and none of them would be good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back