Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends who the "someone is". If it's some Americans who want to make money, introduce a transfer committee, change managers every season and try and bring moneyball to football I'd rather stick with what we have thanks.

The seller has complete control about who he sells the club too so that one is on them not us and as for our future, I doubt we can carry on in this way in terms of the infrastructure situation (GP) and the fan base spending another 20 years watch us win nothing on the pitch.

I have let it be known to staff on here that a Chinese group have been in discussions for months with the club.

They still were as of December.

Maybe ties in with the article in the Telegraph last night about the Chinese being ready to join the PL buyers club. I dont know who i'd prefer, these 2 Americans seem like multi millionaires but not the billionaire we need.

As you can see, our new Chinese Overlords are getting to work on the new stadium. Admittedly, it's a bit of a hike for home games, but at least something is moving forward!

102718243-RTX1DZN7.530x298.jpg

The problem with redeveloping GP is, unlike RS we would have to close an entire side of the ground to expanded it, which takes months, so you get a loss of revenue, to make any real money we need boxes, at the moment we have 9, simply isn't enough. The Park end probably doesn't need much work, the only part you could really develope is the Bullins Road stand. Then you need to buy all the houses around it and a school(I think) which could take years and years to attually buy, RS took 10 years to buy all the houses around them.
The loss in revenue would probably take years to earn back thought the gate., you then have to put the away fans somewhere, so you lose more home support. I just don't think in the long term redeveloping is worth it, unless you knock it all down and rebuild and play(at anfield *shudder* for a few seasons)

Yeah, yeah.

Tell me where else he would have made TEN TIMES his 'investment' in 17 years?

Rightmove was floated in March 2006 at 335p, it's currently at ~ 3750p, that's ten times in less than eleven years. So, like people who bought shares in Rightmove, basically Bill happened to be in the right place, at, eventually, the right time. I doubt anyone back in 2000 was forecasting the ludicrous amounts of money being thrown at football clubs by Sky and the like, he just got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back