Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. I am honestly shocked whenever I see people think our squad is top 4 material. First 11 maybe just maybe (even with the American) but squad is still a way off in the areas you say.

Agreed

It says it all when Man City can bring David Silva on as a sub and we reply by bringing on Kone (No offence intended to Kone like, but that's a considerable gap in quality between their bench and ours)

Conor should play more, I agree

Good to have you aboard the McAlney Express!

Picking someone ahead of Kone in the last few weeks does not give me a ticket to the McAleney express mate. I'd have put you there if I could have.

Anyway, ownership, I beleive we will hear something soon. Next 2 weeks. I'm just not sure it will be good news.

Do you think it is? We are one injury to Lukaku away from never seeing Everton score again.

Yes, I think the talent is there. Lukaku hasn't been injured this year, so that's moot. I think we've under performed badly.

With the Starfish in goal? Not a chance

We need back up for Lukaku, someone to play on the left side of midfield and a new keeper before we'll finish in the Top 4 IMO

I think we have a stronger squad than Leicester, who look like finishing in the top 4 places.

The original point I was trying to make has been lost a little. We can qualify for the champions league without a new stadium. Even if you think we need need to add to the squad, we should be able to buy a GK, LW and back up striker with the current available resources.

A new stadium or a redevelopment is undoubtedly needed. However, I don't think its acceptable to say we can't improve and finish in the top four without one.

I like Kone

I love a trier, of which he's definitely one

There's better options on the left though, IMO

I'd have Mirallas, Pienaar and Oviedo all ahead of Kone at LM at the moment
Whats your definition of the word/phrase 'trier'? Just curious...

and still not sold on these yanks. we mess up enough in the world, REALLY dont want them touching my club.

A new stadium or a redevelopment is undoubtedly needed. However, I don't think its acceptable to say we can't improve and finish in the top four without one.

I disagree

We might finish there once perhaps, if we have a great season and everyone else doesn't, but if we want to regularly be in the mix we need more investment, of which the stadium is essential. Right now, Everton is an unattractive buy because anyone who buys the club knows they'll have to spend money on a stadium on top of everything else that goes with it.

If the stadium issue is sorted, we become immediately more attractive to a potential buyer

I disagree

We might finish there once perhaps, if we have a great season and everyone else doesn't, but if we want to regularly be in the mix we need more investment, of which the stadium is essential. Right now, Everton is an unattractive buy because anyone who buys the club knows they'll have to spend money on a stadium on top of everything else that goes with it.

If the stadium issue is sorted, we become immediately more attractive to a potential buyer

See this is something i really don't understand.

SO if we don't have a shiny new stadium then we can't be sucessful? Why is that? If the team is good enough to get into the top 4 then it must be good, so technically unless it is a fluke then we can do it again. As for signing players good enough to get us there, del barkley, stones, lukaku/baines/coleman all are top quality talent, with besic/McCarthy/jags/mirallas behind them in pretty good players.

If anything, a new stadium right now would hinder us as it would be money off the the pitch used to fund it, rather than the money boing spent on the team. Point i'm trying to make is sticking an extra 5k seats in a shiny new building with greener grass is not going to affect the fortunes of the team nor is it going to prevent us from playing well and maintaining that level of success

If anything, a new stadium right now would hinder us as it would be money off the the pitch used to fund it, rather than the money boing spent on the team. Point i'm trying to make is sticking an extra 5k seats in a shiny new building with greener grass is not going to affect the fortunes of the team nor is it going to prevent us from playing well and maintaining that level of success
I agree if we continually find players like Besic for small fees but in the long term outside investment is needed is it not or we are relying on a perfect transfer record. The league is the hottest investment opportunity in the world of this sport right now so it could be a case of being left behind financially by rivals in the future.

And we all know in the end what attracts the top top talent.

SO if we don't have a shiny new stadium then we can't be sucessful? Why is that? If the team is good enough to get into the top 4 then it must be good, so technically unless it is a fluke then we can do it again. As for signing players good enough to get us there, del barkley, stones, lukaku/baines/coleman all are top quality talent, with besic/McCarthy/jags/mirallas behind them in pretty good players.

We need to increase our revenues in order to remain even vaguely competitive not only in the transfer market, but most importantly to meet wage demands of the types of players we wish to see playing for us.

Without increased revenues we will be a club that buys youngsters, hopefully develops them but inevitably sells them before they've reached their full potential for Everton.

In short we need new owners who invest capital into the business to generate income in the future. Without that we will be a feeder club at best for those higher up the food chain, at worst our future in the Premier League will be in doubt.

We need to increase our revenues in order to remain even vaguely competitive not only in the transfer market, but most importantly to meet wage demands of the types of players we wish to see playing for us.

Without increased revenues we will be a club that buys youngsters, hopefully develops them but inevitably sells them before they've reached their full potential for Everton.

In short we need new owners who invest capital into the business to generate income in the future. Without that we will be a feeder club at best for those higher up the food chain, at worst our future in the Premier League will be in doubt.

@The Esk
Wouldn't you agree that we need serious investment for a new stadium, not because we want to be like all the other clubs having a nice shiny bauble to polish for the Sky cameras, but more because the dear old Grand Old Lady is unfortunately very tired... and whilst we love her dearly, sooner or later, someone from those nice (?) people who issue fit-for-purpose/H&S certificates is gonna go "tut tut tut" while shaking their head and putting a big fat X in the "do not renew" box ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back