Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But who is specifically claiming it here, my point was about lack of scrutiny and regulation.
I'm not saying people here, including yourself, have specifically made the claim but it has been mentioned in the past on more than one occasion.

This stemmed from @The Esk quoting your post regarding unsubstantiated rumours, however I wasn't exclusively referring to that or yourself.

However, you did mention Green's apparent funding of Earle's shares, which to be fair I've never seen any evidence to suggest this is true either.

I can only find this. At least Green admits Kenwright wanted him to be part. The link with Earl is there to see..

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-1603795/Green-at-heart-of-Everton-battle.html
a longrunning relationship with Everton's other major minority shareholder, impresario Bill Kenwright, which also saw Green play a key role in the controversial sale of England superstar Wayne Rooney to Manchester United.

Quizzed on the part he played in the £27m sale of Rooney two seasons ago when the club was in dire financial straits, Green replied: 'I have no comment to make on that. That is none of your business.'

Green admitted to the Standard: "Paul Gregg's stake in Everton was offered to me. I have always made it clear that I do not want to own a football club so I introduced Robert Earl, a good friend of mine

and
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2008/aug/03/realmallorca.business

Puerto Andratx is well used to being the international jet set's playground. Even so, last week it surpassed itself. The chic resort became the venue for a remarkable confrontation: two of Britain's richest men had crossed the Mediterranean in hot pursuit of a disgruntled Premier League chief executive. And at the centre of the affair, keeping a low profile was Paul Davidson - better known to City types as The Plumber.

Last Tuesday, the dozens of expensive yachts in Puerto Andratx were somewhat overshadowed by Lionheart, a 208ft, £32m vessel Sir Philip Green had just sailed into town. The billionaire retail tycoon was accompanied by Robert Earl, the Planet Hollywood founder and substantial shareholder in Premier League club Everton. Green and Earl sailed from Sardinia on a mission. Before going on to Ibiza, they had some unfinished business with Keith Wyness, the Everton chief executive, who, the previous day, had resigned his post. The north London duo wanted answers.

Wyness, an old friend of Davidson's, took them by surprise. The garrulous former British Airways press officer, who once marketed Concorde, cited growing Green's influence at Everton as a reason for quitting the club he joined in 2004. Green, it seems, had helped theatre impresario Bill Kenwright buy the Toffees four years ago, but that was not the end of his efforts. It is alleged that the combustible Arcadia owner calls the shots at the Merseyside club. There are suggestions he is even consulted on transfers, though Green downplays his involvement.

(i) whilst aware of the allegation I have never seen proof of this and to my knowledge no one has ever produced any proof. The allegation was denied by Green in the Telegraph.
(ii)That's a new one on me, I don't recall that allegation - is this leafpoint or something else?
(iii)It was Robert Earl who summonsed Wyness to Green's yacht. I believe Green may have been present also.

We'll probably never agree. All I can say is that without proof we only have unsubstantiated rumour and getting back on topic none of these issues are likely to effect the acquisition of Everton or a majority shareholding.
Green paid for Greggs Shares...that is true.....

http://www.keioc.net/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=367&cntnt01returnid=85

KEIOC was informed, more than three years ago, that Philip Green paid for the shares allegedly owned by Robert Earl; shares that are declared in the ownership of BCR Sports, a British Virgin Islands offshore company whose true ownership cannot be confirmed hence the valid speculation. The person who told KEIOC about this was the previous owner himself, Paul Gregg. He stated, “I was paid, for my shares, by Philip Green.”

That's been on the KEIOC website, unchallenged, for years

Where is the proof mate ?
My friend met Gregg in the Lowry Hotel in Manchester, during the enquiry into Kirkby,
it was a planned meeting.
There was a witness present who will also confirm it.
This is what it says in Greens autobiography regarding EFC.
green.webp

No concerns then about Philip:
1) negotiating the Rooney transfer
2) funding the initial purchase of Gregg's shares
3) summoning Wyness to his yacht to be fired

What I question is the lack of stories linking these sort of items, before any need to advance any specific allegations. Your friend and mine has deep pockets but there's no press scrutiny at play.

And also the quotes from Kenwright confirming that green has been involved in trying to sell the club. The only person in the quote who would not be be fitting financially........

Sorry I thought you meant he orginally paid for Gregg's acquisition of shares. I am aware of the alleged funding of Earl's shares purchased from Gregg.
Yep, can see the confusion my line "funding the initial purchase of Gregg's shares" was trying to convey that whereas he handed the cheque over to Gregg at the time Gregg sold that's no guarantee on current ownership. But still unusual behaviour if he's bought them then transferred ownership.

My friend met Gregg in the Lowry Hotel in Manchester, during the enquiry into Kirkby,
it was a planned meeting.
There was a witness present who will also confirm it.
This is what it says in Greens autobiography regarding EFC.View attachment 18143

Thanks I am aware of this - I originally mis-interpreted the comment as that Green helped Gregg acquire shares not Green help in Earl acquiring Gregg's shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back