Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing then that so many directors get sent to prison for cooking the books!

But in a highly regulated and scrutinised business like Premier League football the scale of the conspiracy would have to be so huge in terms of people involved to be unimaginable.

It's not an exaggeration to say if it were ever to happen it would bring the Premier League to its knees.

Unimaginable.

But in a highly regulated and scrutinised business like Premier League football the scale of the conspiracy would have to be so huge in terms of people involved to be unimaginable.

It's not an exaggeration to say if it were ever to happen it would bring the Premier League to its knees.

Unimaginable.
I think everybody has gotten jumpy after the FIFA scandal started.

Unimaginable.
image.webp

These characters showed how difficult it is to get caught !!

We all know it was Harry Redknapp's dog who was guilty of all of the dodgy dealings, and not Harry himself. I mean, it's not as if it's completely weird to have a bank account set up in your dog's name or anything.

I'm happy with a well located new stadium or redeveloped Goodison.

However what you have written is simply not true. Redevelopment is substantially cheaper than a new build.

A new stadium has potential to generate a higher income from non-football related usage but would represent a much larger upfront investment.

This depends entirely on the level of refurbishment you are planning to do. In MANY cases a new build can be much, much cheaper than a refurbishment, certainly to the level of what Goodison park will need in order for the standard to be even close to what a new build could provide.

Unimaginable.
Yes, my tongue was firmly in my cheek!

I am confidently expecting, within the next week or two, something on the lines of : Everton Football Club has held discussions with a number of parties with a view to investing in the club. These discussions, while fruitful, have not proven to be in the interests of all parties. The Club, therefore, will continue the search 24/7 for suitable investment.

in a highly regulated and scrutinised business like Premier League football
The actual ownership and financial running of clubs is hardly regulated though. No-one was sure who owned Leeds for years, accounts are published with significant generics like OOCs without necessity to breakdown, and repeated loans are taken from BVI companies without an ownership trail. Any regulated industry would have looked into why Phil Green has so much input (control) over the affairs of a separate limited company. Any scrutinised industry would have the press asking those questions.

I am confidently expecting, within the next week or two, something on the lines of : Everton Football Club has held discussions with a number of parties with a view to investing in the club. These discussions, while fruitful, have not proven to be in the interests of all parties. The Club, therefore, will continue the search 24/7 for suitable investment.
th

Hands up who thinks this is the probable outcome

The actual ownership and financial running of clubs is hardly regulated though. No-one was sure who owned Leeds for years, accounts are published with significant generics like OOCs without necessity to breakdown, and repeated loans are taken from BVI companies without an ownership trail. Any regulated industry would have looked into why Phil Green has so much input (control) over the affairs of a separate limited company. Any scrutinised industry would have the press asking those questions.

The corporate governance of football is poor generally I accept that readily. Specifically there are aspects of Everton where corporate governance issues arise, some which although in the public domain have not been picked up even by the board's detractors.

Specifically on the points you raise. The ownership of Everton Football Club is clear unless individuals and auditors are committing serious offences under the Companies Act and possibly the Fraud Act too. I don't accept that such offences have occurred.

The accounts meet international accounting standards and whilst we all would like more information the truth of the matter is even as shareholders we (if you are) are not entitled to any further disclosures.

Under both money laundering regulations and the Premier League regulations the ownership of the BVI companies must be, and is known by the Premier League.

Finally Philip Green and anyone else would be aware of the impact and potential consequences of the type of involvement alleged by some - he would certainly be considered as a "shadow director" should such allegations be true.

With regards to the press had their been any substance to the various allegations over the year, someone would have ran the story, there can be no doubt of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back