Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
we are the most bipolar of all football clubs. A week ago the takeover was close to completion, we're were redeveloping Goodison, we'd spent real money on a striker that would keep Kone out of the team and we had won 3 games in row and looked more than capable of finishing top 6. this week we're useless again, Knee-Ass is nowhere to be seen and we're gonna be stuck with the same board until the end of time. i can't wait to see what next week has to offer.
70% off home & away kits.

There's a number of variables beyond the control of any one party and in these circumstances deals can take longer than you might think.

On Everton's side the variables will most likely arise from differences between shareholders as to what price to accept and who is offering the best deal going forward. Equally each shareholder may have different priorities be that price or succession plans.

On the buyer side if there's a consortium (as seems likely), outside of small variables, any changes to the deal will have to be communicated to members of the consortium. Equally if there is debt involved the lenders will demand to approve any changes to the proposed deal.

Then we have the stadium situation which may be quite fluid - material changes will significantly change the value of the deal.

Finally although there appears to be a favourite bidder, other bidders can come in late on the deal, a small premium on an agreed deal can make a big difference especially if one of the controlling shareholders is seeking to maximise the value of the deal.

All speculation of course, but there is likely to be legitimate reasons for the deal time stretching.

A little more patience required I think.

Well in that case it was extremely foolish of Evert... I mean the Echo, to come out with that stuff one week ago saying it would be done in two weeks. Quite a bold statement showing near 100% confidence of it happening

Well in that case it was extremely foolish of Evert... I mean the Echo, to come out with that stuff one week ago saying it would be done in two weeks. Quite a bold statement showing near 100% confidence of it happening

I think last week's "news" was planned and part of the strategy being played. It was designed to focus the minds of all involved and if there's anyone on the fringes, then a call to action.

As I said last week the sign on the boardroom door is "open to offers, enquire within".

I think last week's "news" was planned and part of the strategy being played. It was designed to focus the minds of all involved and if there's anyone on the fringes, then a call to action.

As I said last week the sign on the boardroom door is "open to offers, enquire within".

kenwright told us that years ago......

If there's haggling going on over the price, then using the other interested parties as a lever to ensure that you get near to what you want would be the obvious tactic.

If there's haggling going on over the price, then using the other interested parties as a lever to ensure that you get near to what you want would be the obvious tactic.

Moores and co: We'll pay you 200m for majority share in EFC
Kenwright: Nah, the Chinese are willing to pay 500m, let's say 350m and you can have it
Moores and co: Our offer is 200m, we'll wait and see if the Chinese offer materialises
Kenwright: Ok ok, how about 275m?
Moores and co: You know where we are if you want to sell for 200m
--- two weeks later ---
Kenwright: Still interested for 200m?
Moores and co: Do one knob head

Echo headline: "Kenwright pulls plug on American timewasters"

Surely this can't be coming down to haggling about price on our behalf - there were rumours about the Americans finding unaccounted loans, was this true?

If so maybe they are starting to think that things aren't as they seem and maybe reevaluated their offering. Who knows.

Surely this can't be coming down to haggling about price on our behalf - there were rumours about the Americans finding unaccounted loans, was this true?

If so maybe they are starting to think that things aren't as they seem and maybe reevaluated their offering. Who knows.

This "unaccounted" loans business - does anyone seriously believe that the Directors of Everton Football Club have mislead auditors and shareholders for years over "unaccounted loans"?

The ramifications for the Directors, the auditors and most importantly the club are so huge. To believe this you have to accept that a large number of people have been involved in a significant conspiracy and would be subject to criminal proceedings as a result. Not only that, Everton's existence as a Premier League member would be under severe doubt.

This "unaccounted" loans business - does anyone seriously believe that the Directors of Everton Football Club have mislead auditors and shareholders for years over "unaccounted loans"?

The ramifications for the Directors, the auditors and most importantly the club are so huge. To believe this you have to accept that a large number of people have been involved in a significant conspiracy and would be subject to criminal proceedings as a result. Not only that Everton's existence as a Premier League member would be under severe doubt.

Not that i believe it Esk - I heard a lot of this at the match on Saturday and read a bit about it on here, just wondering if there is any shred of truth in it - people know a lot more about the clubs finances then i do. Tbh when i read about it my first thought was the JG (or whatever they are now) loans, and what they are for etc.

If a deal had been rushed through some of the people on here complaining about the delay in completing a deal would have been complaining that the deal was rushed through to prevent "better" buyers from having an opportunity to get involved and once again there would be conspiracy theories about God knows what.

I don't think there is an oil rich sheikh or a multibillionaire Russian/Chinese/Middle Eastern/ American beneficiary of corrupt money from one source or another who is not now aware of the for sale sign on our door.
Those that want to declare an interest must have done so by now. The recent publicity through the various media outlets will have seen to that...if it needed to be done in the first place.

A deal involving millions of pounds is not put together in a couple of weeks. Thirty years ago before the arrival of the internet the proposed takeover would probably be still a complete secret at this stage. We are so aware of everything that happens so early in the process now that it just seems to take longer.

There may be loans owed personally by Bill Kenwright or any other board members to outside parties. But, as they long as they are not secured against the club and no charges exist, then that is a matter between the parties involved and has nothing to do with the takeover.
As Esk has already said loans existing that are somehow secured by Everton in some kind of unofficial or backhand way would probably result in somebody going to jail. Can you imagine any reputable auditor ignoring something like that..it just would not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back