Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares if it's outdated? I prefer to look at it as one of the last historic and old fashioned stadiums in England. Hope the Grand Old Lady can be saved. Much better than super modern state of the art and completely souless stadium like there are far too many already.
Times change. People demand better.

I'd love to take the kids to a modern stadium that is clean and has good family facilities..

Times change. People demand better.

I'd love to take the kids to a modern stadium that is clean and has good family facilities..
Until it's proven beyond any doubt that Goodison can't be redeveloped I refuse to give up on that happening.

Also accept that people demand better in this day and age. For me personally though, I don't care about crappy catering and other below par facilities. I don't care about getting cramp in my legs because of the limited room in your seat. I see through all that and am in total love with Goodison Park. Really hope we'll find a way of staying where we are.

Until it's proven beyond any doubt that Goodison can't be redeveloped I refuse to give up on that happening.

Also accept that people demand better in this day and age. For me personally though, I don't care about crappy catering and other below par facilities. I don't care about getting cramp in my legs because of the limited room in your seat. I see through all that and am in total love with Goodison Park. Really hope we'll find a way of staying where we are.
I love it too!

I just can't subject the kids to it though...

When we do get new owners it'll be interesting to see how quickly they find a solution for the stadium one way or another.

If relatively quickly it'll highlight what a complete joke the current board have been. Cock up after cock up, millions spent after millions, kirkby lies followed by safety certificate lies...

And everytime something is "improved" the price goes up.
Replace a pie stall with a brand and you'll be paying 4x the price for a cuppa.

I reckon you could redevelop the Park End into a 3 tier and connect to the Main Stand and have lifts etc at the corner, take some of the facilities out of the main stand like the dressing rooms, the interview areas, the board room, that area for the players kids and family and move it all into the back of the new Park End, have the teams enter from there. Then refurbish the Main Stand using the reclaimed space for added corporate and catering. Let that be the new modern half of the stadium.

With the Street End and Bullens just slap and even more vintage look on it and keep it old worldie like one of them barn conversions that fella with the big head on More 4 does. The wife has Grand Designs on a continuous loop here, this one lad had a floating toilet set up in such a way that he could watch the mountains whilst taking a shyte. Glorious.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Redeveloping GP would cost much more in the long run than building a new state of the art stadium. Id rather new owners do that and put more money into squad players and other infrastructure.

I'm happy with a well located new stadium or redeveloped Goodison.

However what you have written is simply not true. Redevelopment is substantially cheaper than a new build.

A new stadium has potential to generate a higher income from non-football related usage but would represent a much larger upfront investment.

I reckon you could redevelop the Park End into a 3 tier and connect to the Main Stand and have lifts etc at the corner, take some of the facilities out of the main stand like the dressing rooms, the interview areas, the board room, that area for the players kids and family and move it all into the back of the new Park End, have the teams enter from there. Then refurbish the Main Stand using the reclaimed space for added corporate and catering. Let that be the new modern half of the stadium.

With the Street End and Bullens just slap and even more vintage look on it and keep it old worldie like one of them barn conversions that fella with the big head on More 4 does. The wife has Grand Designs on a continuous loop here, this one lad had a floating toilet set up in such a way that he could watch the mountains whilst taking a shyte. Glorious.
I think the park end stand was built without it being weight bearing, a cheap job by Peter Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back