Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm happy with a well located new stadium or redeveloped Goodison.

However what you have written is simply not true. Redevelopment is substantially cheaper than a new build.

A new stadium has potential to generate a higher income from non-football related usage but would represent a much larger upfront investment.

Think liverpool have been quoted £250m in costs for the two phases for upgrading their place.
We would need all 4 sides redeveloped.what would a new stadium cost? £300m??

I know i haven't done much research on the costings as I'm not that bothered but who knows?? haha

we are the most bipolar of all football clubs. A week ago the takeover was close to completion, we're were redeveloping Goodison, we'd spent real money on a striker that would keep Kone out of the team and we had won 3 games in row and looked more than capable of finishing top 6. this week we're useless again, Knee-Ass is nowhere to be seen and we're gonna be stuck with the same board until the end of time. i can't wait to see what next week has to offer.

I think it was designed as a two tier and the old board changed their mind to save money.

It wasn't a money-saving excercise. Kenwright was part of the board that signed for the football trust grant for a single-tiered Park End. For all his faults, Johnstone tried to have it halted because he knew it wasn't big enough, and in order to get another tier, but it was too late.

It has been designed & built to accommodate another tier in future.

There's a number of variables beyond the control of any one party and in these circumstances deals can take longer than you might think.

On Everton's side the variables will most likely arise from differences between shareholders as to what price to accept and who is offering the best deal going forward. Equally each shareholder may have different priorities be that price or succession plans.

On the buyer side if there's a consortium (as seems likely), outside of small variables, any changes to the deal will have to be communicated to members of the consortium. Equally if there is debt involved the lenders will demand to approve any changes to the proposed deal.

Then we have the stadium situation which may be quite fluid - material changes will significantly change the value of the deal.

Finally although there appears to be a favourite bidder, other bidders can come in late on the deal, a small premium on an agreed deal can make a big difference especially if one of the controlling shareholders is seeking to maximise the value of the deal.

All speculation of course, but there is likely to be legitimate reasons for the deal time stretching.

A little more patience required I think.

we are the most bipolar of all football clubs. A week ago the takeover was close to completion, we're were redeveloping Goodison, we'd spent real money on a striker that would keep Kone out of the team and we had won 3 games in row and looked more than capable of finishing top 6. this week we're useless again, Knee-Ass is nowhere to be seen and we're gonna be stuck with the same board until the end of time. i can't wait to see what next week has to offer.

Mate finally someone agrees with me I've said this to everyone Everton are bi polar fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back