Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This "unaccounted" loans business - does anyone seriously believe that the Directors of Everton Football Club have mislead auditors and shareholders for years over "unaccounted loans"?

The ramifications for the Directors, the auditors and most importantly the club are so huge. To believe this you have to accept that a large number of people have been involved in a significant conspiracy and would be subject to criminal proceedings as a result. Not only that, Everton's existence as a Premier League member would be under severe doubt.

This is the bit that I can't get my head around.

It's not for me to say "I do X for a living", but I know a little bit about the law and regulations etc.

It's fantasy stuff to believe that those Directors are committing fraud in any way (associated with the club).

I am not going to bore people with them all, but there are so many independent bodies/auditors/surveillance measures that would sniff out any naughtiness at one of the biggest PL clubs.

Are they good at fulfilling their roles as Directors and adhering to promoting success within the company through prudent management? Maybe not. But it isnt illegal to be a bad boss.

i cant actually imagine GOT if we were in a relegation battle, i think it would explode in a battle of its own fume

POOF!
It's weeks like this that the NHS and the RSPCA should send sponsorship to the site owners.The amount of blood pressure medication and kicked dogs saved,hard to quantify.And as you say a relegation battle would be carnage,although after the Hull defeat last season it was starting in that direction.

I'm not reading too much in to the time scale,i multi million £ business isn't something you rush into buying without checking that all the ts are crossed and all the is dotted,especially in a complex situation like PL football clubs

This is the bit that I can't get my head around.

It's not for me to say "I do X for a living", but I know a little bit about the law and regulations etc.

It's fantasy stuff to believe that those Directors are committing fraud in any way (associated with the club).

I am not going to bore people with them all, but there are so many independent bodies/auditors/surveillance measures that would sniff out any naughtiness at one of the biggest PL clubs.

Are they good at fulfilling their roles as Directors and adhering to promoting success within the company through prudent management? Maybe not. But it isnt illegal to be a bad boss.
Amazing then that so many directors get sent to prison for cooking the books!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back