Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not posted on this before....I was listening to radio Merseyside a while back when all this broke and a representative from the Everton shareholders association said yes there is something going on/enquiry regarding the possibility of "investment" and he stressed "investment" again a minute or so later........not mentioned "takeover" at all........getting a tad cheesed off with it all....just really hope something comes of it all and we are not left with this disasterously clueless board...

Not posted on this before....I was listening to radio Merseyside a while back when all this broke and a representative from the Everton shareholders association said yes there is something going on/enquiry regarding the possibility of "investment" and he stressed "investment" again a minute or so later........not mentioned "takeover" at all........getting a tad cheesed off with it all....just really hope something comes of it all and we are not left with this disasterously clueless board...

Hopefully not mate. Why anyone would want to invest in a club run by the amateurs we have now is beyond me.

Seems to have all gone quiet in here mate ;)

Nice start.
I,m not doing bad ..am i..haha

Phil Green admits to buying EFC,

You need a network to be able to do that, to get it done, to make it happen. The end result is that other people come to you if they think you can be an asset. They might want you to make a phone call or write a letter for them or make an introduction. If l like someone then I'll do it. Take Bill Kenwright. I helped him buy Everton. I wrote a £30m letter for him.'

Does he mean he underwrote the theatre impresario's acquisition of the club in December 1999? 'Yes, that's right.' Why? 'I liked him.'

What is stopping Kenwright going the games? Yes we all know the rumours on illness

What illness is ultimately bad enough to stop you going to games, yet able to supposedly conduct negotiations for a takeover\investment\majority shareholding purchase.

What is stopping him going to games, yet is able to be in company getting excited about an FA Cup Draw (as an actor said per twitter a few weeks ago)

Its all mysterious the longer it goes on. Initially I was saying I feel so sorry for the bloke, maybe his time is up etc, illness so severe he might not have long left etc.

Im not saying its all an elaborate hoax, its just the longer time has gone on. Dont forget he stopped going games last season

Survey for redevelopment of GP is interesting...Everton ordered it but why now? Why wasnt it done ages ago? Wonder if it has been made for some other party than dem Yanks. Just speculating here but you would think that they are into new ones cause they have experience in that stuff..
...or was it done for some other party that they can actually lean to solid info that it can still be done.
I'd imagine it might have been done because Walton Hall Park hasn't gone as planned, and to weigh up potential development options for any interested party.

My friend met Gregg in the Lowry Hotel in Manchester, during the enquiry into Kirkby,
it was a planned meeting.
There was a witness present who will also confirm it.
This is what it says in Greens autobiography regarding EFC.View attachment 18143

I,m not doing bad ..am i..haha

Phil Green admits to buying EFC,

You need a network to be able to do that, to get it done, to make it happen. The end result is that other people come to you if they think you can be an asset. They might want you to make a phone call or write a letter for them or make an introduction. If l like someone then I'll do it. Take Bill Kenwright. I helped him buy Everton. I wrote a £30m letter for him.'

Does he mean he underwrote the theatre impresario's acquisition of the club in December 1999? 'Yes, that's right.' Why? 'I liked him.'

Mate, this is where many blues including myself get worried about being involved or supporting without question the various fan groups including Blue Union.

Much of the conclusions drawn are not totally accurate.

For example the book you quote is not Philip Green's autobiography.

He has not bought Everton and nor did he admit to doing so.

Not only does it make it more difficult to join the cause, it makes it much easier for the other side to defend when the inaccuracies are plain to see.

Nothing personal but it dilutes the message.

PS we are all way of topic here. Happy to carry on in the board thread though.
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/the-everton-board-thread-2015-16.77965/

What is stopping Kenwright going the games? Yes we all know the rumours on illness

What illness is ultimately bad enough to stop you going to games, yet able to supposedly conduct negotiations for a takeover\investment\majority shareholding purchase.

What is stopping him going to games, yet is able to be in company getting excited about an FA Cup Draw (as an actor said per twitter a few weeks ago)

Its all mysterious the longer it goes on. Initially I was saying I feel so sorry for the bloke, maybe his time is up etc, illness so severe he might not have long left etc.

Im not saying its all an elaborate hoax, its just the longer time has gone on. Dont forget he stopped going games last season
There are quite a lot of medical situations where you might not be physically fit enough to go to a game yet be able to have a phone conversation or a visitor by your bedside.

For a start if your immune system is compromised sitting in the freezing cold/rain with lots of people with flu snuffling beside you would be an idiotic move no matter how much you loved a club.

Think we are better leaving speculation about his health out of it tbh mate, that is his own private business.

There are quite a lot of medical situations where you might not be physically fit enough to go to a game yet be able to have a phone conversation or a visitor by your bedside.

For a start if your immune system is compromised going and sitting in the freezing cold/rain with lots of people with flu snuffling beside you would be an idiotic move no matter how much you loved a club.

Think we are better leaving speculation about his health out of it tbh mate, that is his own private business.

Fair enough mate, I thought it was a taboo subject and it probably is

Bill is very ill - however it's not life threatening but he does require intensive regular treatment or so I've been told. However Bill's brother Tom has cancer. So Bill is having a rough time of it atm.

Hi mate,

Thats a quote from his autobiography in the Guardian ...and he admits to funding the purchase of EFC...and as this is a takeover thread
i would of thought who owns EFC was fairly relevant ..no offence implied.

Hi mate,

Thats a quote from his autobiography in the Guardian ...and he admits to funding the purchase of EFC...and as this is a takeover thread
i would of thought who owns EFC was fairly relevant ..no offence implied.

I never take offence mate no problem.

Maybe we won't agree but the Guardian article is written by Sarah Ryle whom to my knowledge has only ever been complementary about Green.

Re his ownership of Everton. It's correct and acceptable to question the financing of Kenwright's and Earl's purchase of shares but according to the accounts it's incorrect to state he owns Everton - he himself said "Paul Gregg's stake in Everton was offered to me. I have always made it clear I do not want to own a football club so I introduced Robert Earl. It is no secret that Bill Kenwright is a good friend of mine too"

I never take offence mate no problem.

Maybe we won't agree but the Guardian article is written by Sarah Ryle whom to my knowledge has only ever been complementary about Green.

Re his ownership of Everton. It's correct and acceptable to question the financing of Kenwright's and Earl's purchase of shares but according to the accounts it's incorrect to state he owns Everton - he himself said "Paul Gregg's stake in Everton was offered to me. I have always made it clear I do not want to own a football club so I introduced Robert Earl. It is no secret that Bill Kenwright is a good friend of mine too"
Yes mate..but we know from Gregg..that Green paid him for his shares..not Earl or Kenwright..so it is open to debate...

Yes mate..but we know from Gregg..that Green paid him for his shares..not Earl or Kenwright..so it is open to debate...

But then the implication is that Green, Earl and Kenwright and possibly auditors are all guilty of criminal offences under the Companies Act ?

Equally that the Premier League and Everton Football Club are complicit in allowing the misrepresentation of shareholders "with a "significant interest" (Premier League Rule V.13)

Is that what you and others are really saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back