Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate..but we know from Gregg..that Green paid him for his shares..not Earl or Kenwright..so it is open to debate...

I wrote a £30m letter for him.'
Does he mean he underwrote the theatre impresario's acquisition of the club in December 1999? 'Yes, that's right.' Why? 'I liked him
Alternatively on the original purchase if Green "underwrote" the 30M does that mean Kenwright borrowed from elsewhere and Green underwrote that borrowing - in which case what did Kenwright use to pay off that debt, and what would Green ask in return, or did Kenwright (through whatever weird/wonderful financial arrangements were used) effectively borrow directly from Green ?

Well worth a debate

Alternatively on the original purchase if Green "underwrote" the 30M does that mean Kenwright borrowed from elsewhere and Green underwrote that borrowing - in which case what did Kenwright use to pay off that debt, and what would Green ask in return, or did Kenwright (through whatever weird/wonderful financial arrangements were used) effectively borrow directly from Green ?

Well worth a debate

Was the facility suggested by Green and provided by RBS ever used?

If Green underwrote or provided finance directly and in return expected any benefit, favour or influence over the holders of those shares or the club itself then the club under Premier League rules has to declare this.

So either no such loan or favour, benefit or interest exists or the club has been breaking Premier League rules for years plus the Directors and auditors are guilty of criminal offences.

It has to be one or the other. Which is it?

But then the implication is that Green, Earl and Kenwright and possibly auditors are all guilty of criminal offences under the Companies Act ?

Equally that the Premier League and Everton Football Club are complicit in allowing the misrepresentation of shareholders "with a "significant interest" (Premier League Rule V.13)

Is that what you and others are really saying?
Well Green deffo paid for greggs shares..he admits to funding EFC to the tune of £30 Million...but he,s not stupid...and Earl,s vehicle for his shareholding is in the BVI...BCR sports...and No one knows who the directors are...so i believe through what we know..
That Green is probably calling the shots on any takeover...proving him to be a shadow director is harder..but it,s more than possible probable imo.

If Green underwrote or provided finance directly and in return expected any benefit, favour or influence over the holders of those shares or the club itself then the club under Premier League rules has to declare this.

So either no such loan or favour, benefit or interest exists or the club has been breaking Premier League rules for years plus the Directors and auditors are guilty of criminal offences.

Also..Moyes admits to having to go to Les A..to get the go ahead for the Fellaini deal...it dosnt take a genius to work it out...

Many believe Anita Gregg gave Kenwright the money initially

Also, it wouldnt be the first time they have sailed close to the wind regarding breaking laws..it in the inquiry that they where including a land value of £52 Million pounds for land donated from the public purse to show up on there balance sheet...think it was quoted that they where lucky not to be facing criminal charges..

Well Green deffo paid for greggs shares..he admits to funding EFC to the tune of £30 Million...but he,s not stupid...and Earl,s vehicle for his shareholding is in the BVI...BCR sports...and No one knows who the directors are...so i believe through what we know..
That Green is probably calling the shots on any takeover...proving him to be a shadow director is harder..but it,s more than possible probable imo.

Thanks mate, from my perspective:

He admitted to providing a letter which allowed a £30 million line of credit. There's no proof I am aware of, it was used or if used has been repaid.

The Premier League know who the beneficial owners of BCR sports are.

I have no idea over your last paragraph.

Last edited:
Thanks mate, from my perspective:

He admitted to providing a letter which allowed a £30 million line of credit. There's no proof I am aware of, it was used or if used has been repaid.

The Premier League know who the benficial owners of BCR sports are.

I have no idea over your last paragraph.
I dont believe the PL do know who owns BCR ....they put someone up for the proper persons test..and Gaddafi could of passed that..they didnt know who owned Leeds Utd...

I dont believe the PL do know who owns BCR ....they put someone up for the proper persons test..and Gaddafi could of passed that..they didnt know who owned Leeds Utd...
The British Government cant find out information on companies in the BVI..so PL have no chance and probably dont care..its a box ticking excecise for them..

@Billyliar9 as expressed earlier we have similar ambitions for the club.

I find it incredibly difficult to believe the accusations made by many people re how and who runs our club.

I'll put my hand up and say I was wrong if proven, but it requires such an enormous level of deceit and criminal activity to be true that I will hold my original opinions.

At the end of the day I just want a successful Everton properly run in line with our values.

You're calling it a facility but Green admits to underwriting the purchase, two different things unless the terminology is surprisingly bad. Throw in the much later admission by Gregg that Green paid for his shares and that seems a huge involvement with the individual shareholders of these limited companies that Green has no involvement with.

@The Esk hope I'm not muddying the waters here and can't be bothered vaulting myself, but from memory the 30mil letter of credit was Bank of Scotland in favour of True Blue Holdings and was never drawn upon per the company's audited filed accounts (well at the year ends anyway), but the charge was registered. Does that ring any bells from a few months ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back