Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No joking here, but I am watching CNN right now and they are interviewing China's richest man Wang Jianlin. He's just stated his intention to buy into international sports in 2016. Three acquisitions in the region of $US3-5bn.

Grasping furiously, yes I know, but any chance @The Esk?

I believe he already owns 20% of the Spanish football club Atlético Madrid after reading his wikipedia.

311-skeleton-white.gif

No joking here, but I am watching CNN right now and they are interviewing China's richest man Wang Jianlin. He's just stated his intention to buy into international sports in 2016. Three acquisitions in the region of $US3-5bn.

I believe he already owns 20% of the Spanish football club Atlético Madrid after reading his wikipedia.

I wonder about the Chinese angle, I really do. The investment in football by the Chinese seems to be focused on their domestic market rather than internationally. CMC's investment in Manchester City's parent company was more to do with what they are going to invest in China than investing in English football. Xialin's investment in Atletico was pretty small at US $ 52 million.

There's no doubt football will become huge in China, if the Government decrees it then it usually happens, and I'm sure football is not going to be the exception that proves the rule.

The only motivation I can see for investing in Everton is that the Chinese decide to make a statement by investing in a historic giant in the world's most popular football league, the Premier League - for want of a better word a vanity purchase.

If they did so them they would certainly fund us sufficiently to meet most fans objectives I have no doubt. However I do doubt whether they will invest such significant sums when the growth potential and the environment for football in China is much more attractive than elsewhere.

Put it another way, why invest say £3-500 million in a English team with no guarantee of success nor exposure in China when you can do that domestically with far greater growth potential and most importantly political kudos?

The only motivation I can see for investing in Everton is that the Chinese decide to make a statement by investing in a historic giant in the world's most popular football league, the Premier League - for want of a better word a vanity purchase.

If they did so them they would certainly fund us sufficiently to meet most fans objectives I have no doubt. However I do doubt whether they will invest such significant sums when the growth potential and the environment for football in China is much more attractive than elsewhere.

Put it another way, why invest say £3-500 million in a English team with no guarantee of success nor exposure in China when you can do that domestically with far greater growth potential and most importantly political kudos?

He did mention in the interview the desire to bring that international sporting team/event, or whatever he invests in, back into China and increase their exposure in China.

He's intent in making 3 acquisitions in sports. Very interesting.

This Chinese angle is going to make one Premier League club incredibly wealthy very soon I feel. Let's hope it isn't an opportunity lost for us if we go the US route without fully discussing with these apparent Chinese consortia interested.

1zvtzm9.gif

With the Chinese, I don't doubt their initial plans, but I fear what would happen to Everton when the central government inevitably cracks down on the truly ridiculous amount of money flowing out of the country right now.

He did mention in the interview the desire to bring that international sporting team/event, or whatever he invests in, back into China and increase their exposure in China.

He's intent in making 3 acquisitions in sports. Very interesting.

This Chinese angle is going to make one Premier League club incredibly wealthy very soon I feel. Let's hope it isn't an opportunity lost for us if we go the US route without fully discussing with these apparent Chinese consortia interested.

Xialin invested in Atletico on the back of an existing relationship. For several years Atletico have trained up to 90 of China's brightest footballing prospects. By 2017 they will train 180 each year.

This is typical of the way the Chinese invest overseas, investing on the back of existing relationships. Those relationships do not currently exist with English Premier League clubs. It may be a reason why Everton are trying to highlight the very limited relationships that do exist historically between Everton and China.

Xialin invested in Atletico on the back of an existing relationship. For several years Atletico have trained up to 90 of China's brightest footballing prospects. By 2017 they will train 180 each year.

This is typical of the way the Chinese invest overseas, investing on the back of existing relationships. Those relationships do not currently exist with English Premier League clubs. It may be a reason why Everton are trying to highlight the relationships that do exist historically between Everton and China.
Oh when it comes to the Chinese, I am definitely going on your above angle...

"The only motivation I can see for investing in Everton is that the Chinese decide to make a statement by investing in a historic giant in the world's most popular football league, the Premier League - for want of a better word a vanity purchase."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back