Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chinese angle wouldn't surprise me at all. The rise of their middle class sees much investment overseas as the average Chinese punter secures his sudden "wealth".

In Oz, we're seeing large property investment from China so, it's not hard to imagine that those with more money are looking to secure their hard earned cash away from the government too.

1zvtzm9.gif

Best GIF of 2016 so far this, Derek

No joking here, but I am watching CNN right now and they are interviewing China's richest man Wang Jianlin. He's just stated his intention to buy into international sports in 2016. Three acquisitions in the region of $US3-5bn.

Grasping furiously, yes I know, but any chance @The Esk?

I believe he already owns 20% of the Spanish football club Atlético Madrid after reading his wikipedia.
WANG

In Oz, we're seeing large property investment from China so, it's not hard to imagine that those with more money are looking to secure their hard earned cash away from the government too.

Same here in the US. It's pretty much ruining the housing market for the average buyer. Loads of people have been running in to scoop up houses they don't intend to live in, paying over asking price and in cash.

I don't doubt there's a Chinese group with plenty of money who might want to buy the club. But I think the risk of the money shutting off one way or another is a lot higher.

Same here in the US. It's pretty much ruining the housing market for the average buyer. Loads of people have been running in to scoop up houses they don't intend to live in, paying over asking price and in cash.

I don't doubt there's a Chinese group with plenty of money who might want to buy the club. But I think the risk of the money shutting off one way or another is a lot higher.
There are 2 interested parties "seriously" interested we keep hearing.
I am very curious what their respective definitions of "serious" mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back