• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

League of Ireland 2021 - SSE Airtricity LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheedy gone from Waterford. No real surprise though. Hard almost impossible challenge I would imagine

Really sorry for Sheeds.

Massive game tomorrow as Pat's play Rovers in Inchicore.

Huge test for would be Champions .

Really sorry for Sheeds.

Massive game tomorrow as Pat's play Rovers in Inchicore.

Huge test for would be Champions .

BTW I have probably said this in the past,but my Great Grandfather used to own what is now Richmond Park.

He was a butcher, and the current pitch was the lairage for cattle before they were slaughtered.

My late Dad used to tell me, anytime I was heading to Inchicore for a Pat's/Rovers game that they would be playing in his Grandad's, subsequently his Aunties' field.

The Reillys of Inchicore were very proud Pat's fans, but I was brought to Milltown as a babe in arms, hence my love of Rovers.

Incidentally, Dad married an Inchicore lady, from Connolly Avenue. RIP, she passed on in February.

Tomorrow would have been her 94th birthday - hopefully she does n't do the business for Pat's!!

@NeroCeasar great win tonight for Cork.

BTW I have probably said this in the past,but my Great Grandfather used to own what is now Richmond Park.

He was a butcher, and the current pitch was the lairage for cattle before they were slaughtered.

My late Dad used to tell me, anytime I was heading to Inchicore for a Pat's/Rovers game that they would be playing in his Grandad's, subsequently his Aunties' field.

The Reillys of Inchicore were very proud Pat's fans, but I was brought to Milltown as a babe in arms, hence my love of Rovers.

Incidentally, Dad married an Inchicore lady, from Connolly Avenue. RIP, she passed on in February.

Tomorrow would have been her 94th birthday - hopefully she does n't do the business for Pat's!!

@NeroCeasar great win tonight for Cork.
Badly needed and hopefully 4 pts from 6 means we are finally on our way. The only caveat is that Wexford are possibly the worst side in Western Europe. Keeper gifted us three goals tbf. Onwards and upwards from here hopefully

word in Sligo is that the 18 year old winger, Johnny Kenny, is a really special player. Have a friend well sourced in the club and they reckon he is ahead of Coleman at that age and is a fabulous prospect. I wonder with our supposed link up with Sligo is there anyone from us keeping an eye on him?

....rriiigghtt!

Rovers v Bohs rivalry (Southside v Northside) is probably the most intense in the LOI. We agree to hate everything about each other !

Mind you, everyone really loves beating Rovers even in our famine years of the 70s, most of 90s and noughties.
I’d love to go to a bohs v rovers game, I’ve attended many Belfast derbies over the years linfield v glentoran and there’s no love lost there either

I’d love to go to a bohs v rovers game, I’ve attended many Belfast derbies over the years linfield v glentoran and there’s no love lost there either

I have a really great mate that I met in 87 while Interrailing. He is a Glens fanatic and hates what he calls "the filth" with a passion.

We are opposites in religious upbringing, political outlook, but agree on the restorative virtues of several pints of Guinness!

He now is married and living in Weston s- Mare but remains staunch Glens. I joined him in the Glens Supporters' Club in East Belfast one Saturday around 06 the day they won the league. I kept my Southern mouth shut, but it was an interesting evening.

He has yet to see a Rovers match.

word in Sligo is that the 18 year old winger, Johnny Kenny, is a really special player. Have a friend well sourced in the club and they reckon he is ahead of Coleman at that age and is a fabulous prospect. I wonder with our supposed link up with Sligo is there anyone from us keeping an eye on him?

There would not be much between them, he has just turned 18 the other week and his movement is different class, the difference is there all to see when they start with him and leave him on the bench, never seen a player that young and that inexperienced make such a difference to a team. Everton would want to be watching him v close, I think he will go all the way.

Bohs beat st Pat's 3-2 and Rovers winning 3-1 against Dundalk with 4 minutes to go.

Rare occasion when I am happy at Bohs winning lol

Sligo play tomorrow away to Longford.

Sligo beat Longford 1-0 away. Level again with Rovers with just one goal less than them in GD.

Rovers now play Slovan Bratislava away on Wednesday and at Tallaght Tuesday 13th. Derry away on Friday 16th.

Wins for Dundalk and Bohs in Europe, Sligo out and Rovers go into 3rd Round of Conference League.

First away trip in I don't know how long tonight, destination: Ferrycarrig Park, Wexford, to watch the two worst sides in LOI football battle it out. Why do that you may ask? The answer is I really have no idea tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back