Leandro Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
200k'ish. Cheers.

I tried to steer things back to Leandro and managed to bring Henen into the conversation.

200.gif

named in 25 man PL squad for us, as was mori. mcaleny also on there. players under 21 dont need to be listed

Leighton Baines, Ross Barkley, Gareth Barry, Muhamed Besic, Tom Cleverley, Seamus Coleman, Ramiro Funes Mori, Darron Gibson, Tony Hibbert, Tim Howard, Phil Jagielka, Arouna Kone, Aaron Lennon, Romelu Lukaku, Conor McAleny, James McCarthy, Aiden McGeady, Kevin Mirallas, Steven Naismith, Leon Osman, Bryan Oviedo, Steven Pienaar, Joel Robles, Leandro Rodriguez.

we may as well sell mcaleney. he looked really good in pre-season and looked likely to finally make a bit of a first team impact, but he still can't even get on the bench. he's behind so many players atm, this was his final chance and it's all over for me.

He looked really good against League One's Swindon Town. His other appearances he went missing the majority of his time on the pitch.

New recruit Leandro Rodriguez is looking forward to establishing himself in English football after securing a "dream" switch to Goodison Park.

The 22-year-old forward completed his to move from Uruguayan top division side River Plate Montevideo last week for an undisclosed fee.

Manager Roberto Martinez has said the youngster is more than just a goalscorer and Rodriguez himself is confident his game can be taken to the next level now that he has the chance to train and play alongside proven Premier League talents.

“I watched players like Romelu Lukaku in Uruguay, so I am very happy to be able to play with players like that,” said the South American. "I don’t think there’s any doubt that I’ll enjoy playing with these players - I’m somebody that likes to get involved with my teammates.

“It’s a big dream to come to a large club like Everton. It’s also a very big responsibility but I am very confident in my abilities.

“I think the coach and I enjoy the same type of football and I’m going to give my best efforts for the Club. Also, the people in the Club will give me confidence to play.”

Rodriguez also offered an insight into what the Goodison faithful can expect from him and pointed to one of his country's striking legends and a former Premier League winner as a source of inspiration.

“I’ve always looked towards big players in Uruguay like Diego Forlan,” added Leandro. “The fans won’t know much about me but I consider myself to be quite a technical player.

“I’m somebody who can work well with other players and I look forward to being able to show myself and my game to the Everton supporters.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back