Leandro Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange but that is probably my greatest Everton moment. We hadn't won anything yet, but I felt there was a universal feeling amongst us Evertonians that day that we were destined finally for great things. I obviously loved all the finals and league wins but there was something VERY special about that day.

Me too mate,all the hard luck stories from the previous decade we'd had,and that glorious day there we were,getting the rub of the green right at the death to take us through to the final and we knew with it being Watford we had a great chance of lifting the trophy and all those years of frustration would be gone,how we celebrated"We're on the march with Howards army":)

High hopes for this lad.

Don't ask me why I do because I don't know - just got a feeling that he is going to be boss if he can get to grips with the pace and athleticism of the Premier League.

Strange but that is probably my greatest Everton moment. We hadn't won anything yet, but I felt there was a universal feeling amongst us Evertonians that day that we were destined finally for great things. I obviously loved all the finals and league wins but there was something VERY special about that day.
You just knew the long wait was over ,84 was such a mad year from the depths of despair something just clicked and a great team was developing in front of our eyes.No team in the history of football has made such a dramatic turn around. For me the defeat at Old Trafford the previous season in 83 was the first shoots of what was to come we lost 1-0 after Macari scored in 97 minute after we outplayed them for the whole match we had about 15 thousand there but I thought it was the best we had played for years.

It is good to see a player make an immediate impact, albeit with under 21s.
To understand more about how he is regarded at Everton we would probably need to know more about the events that led to his signing. I wonder have we been watching for a while or a player we have just taken a punt on because he was cheap and somebody somewhere recommended him. A bit like Coleman.

didn't someone say they wanted him to have leandro on the back?

12022489_10152982133086277_3626234187989712580_o.jpg

Me! (and someone else I think)

Love it. Looks boss and sounds boss when commentators go "leandrooooo!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back