Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

LEGAL ADVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did they confuse the US with India?

Does that mean some other poor sod may have sent his package to the US. Unless of course he or she caught it before applying the label

Best advice loom up lawyers who specialize in this sort of thing.

How did they confuse the US with India?

Does that mean some other poor sod may have sent his package to the US. Unless of course he or she caught it before applying the label

Best advice loom up lawyers who specialize in this sort of thing.
The Indian cities of Delhi, Calcutta (Kolkata), Lucknow and Salem have towns of the same name in the US..

...or Indiana with the na omitted perhaps.

The law is based on what is reasonable, someone on here said that the agent could be treated as an expert and therefore you took expert advice and therefore he is liable. If I was him I would be arguing that expert advice wasn’t necessary in this case and that anyone can read an address and understand that the pallet will go to the address on the label. You put the label on the pallet and it is reasonable to expect that you understood that is where the pallet would go. A court may find that some blame attaches to the agent for sending the wrong address but that you were also culpable. In my opinion the best you could hope for is a split decision which will cost you more than £1200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back