Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I really hate to say it, however I unfortunately can't see anything but a crushing defeat for us today when you consider Leicester's momentum and our form.

The players haven't looked as if they're playing for Silva and now he's teetering on the edge it's up to them to save him or not; I expect some/many of them won't.

I never, ever want Everton to lose as we should always want to do our best, but perhaps I understand the logic of the ol' short term pain for long term gain.

Anyway, I don't expect that a victory will save his position in the future (it's if not when), so a victory would at least temporarily free us from the fight to the bottom.`

All credit to the fans who are travelling down their today and still supporting our club because I know how difficult it must be today, with everything considered.

Last edited:
I really hate to say it, however I unfortunately can't see anything but a crushing victory for us today when you consider Leicester's momentum and our form.

The players haven't looked as if they're playing for Silva and now he's teetering on the edge it's up to them to save him or not; I expect some/many of them won't.

I never, ever want Everton to lose as we should always want to do our best, but perhaps I understand the logic of the ol' short term pain for long term gain.

Anyway, I don't expect that a victory will save his position in the future (it's if not when), so a victory would at least temporarily free us from the fight to the bottom.`

All credit to the fans who are travelling down their today and still supporting our club because I know how difficult it must be today, with everything considered.
Crushing victory you say.

Well, looking on the bright side, the consensus before last time was a comfortable home win, so hopefully the forum may be similarly surprised this time.

I would rather win personally. Maybe I am weird.

I actually dont anymore - for the simple fact that this fella's MO is win one lose 2/3.

Any win from this point simply papers over the cracks and drags us deeper into a potential relegation scrap.

I also think if we finish the season 13/14th or so the sheer amount of prize money lost to say finishing 7th/8th - it means less money to invest in the summer, tighter FFP restrictions and the likes of Leicester and Wolves having more financial clout than us who will no doubt finish 2-7th.

We simply have to get rid of the bloke for the good of the club - we are sleepwalking into trouble continuing to treat our fixtures as a day out with the lads hoping for 3 points - thats temporarily out the window for me we need to get this idiot gone.

Laughing at a Sky Sports article posing the question of whether Silva can create a siege mentality amongst the players. I don't think they know our players very well. If they were in the army on the front line they would run away from the enemy or hide behind women and children.

The failure to replace lukaku still lingers over matches like this. With a half decent forward in the team we would have a chance. With the likes of dcl up top we are fodder.

Its all down to the players today.
If he gets a response.we play well and win.
If they just turn up and we lose badly.he has lost the dressing room as well as the fans.silva cannot pick a team that will win away at leicester.he will be gone today.

We need points before its an uphill struggle. I dont care how (even more) ugly we play today just bring back at least one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back