Leicester postponement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester had 18 players for the Watford match on Sunday. How many of them aren't fit now and how many of those are ill?

And who are they? Are any of the players unavailable for the Watford match OK now?

Answers to these questions invade no one's privacy and the FA should release this information for every postponement.

Leicester had 18 players for the Watford match on Sunday. How many of them aren't fit now and how many of those are ill?

And who are they? Are any of the players unavailable for the Watford match OK now?

Answers to these questions invade no one's privacy and the FA should release this information for every postponement.
To repeat for the 10,000th time

The FA Cup rules state that players from academies must be used to achieve the squad numers
The Premier League rules state that without 13 + 1 GK from the first team a game can be eligible for cancellation
On Saturday we had 8 first teamers, the rest were academy lads

Blame the Premier League for their dumb, money focused, its-all-about-the-brand rules

The FA Cup rules state that players from academies must be used to achieve the squad numers
The Premier League rules state that without 13 + 1 GK from the first team a game can be eligible for cancellation

Blame the Premier League for their dumb, money focused, its-all-about-the-brand rules

So what you’re saying is you could field a team tomorrow you just don’t want to.

So what you’re saying is you could field a team tomorrow you just don’t want to.
So close, we would like to field a team but we do not have the requisite available first team players according to Premier League rules, if we were playing in the FA Cup, we could have played

Isn`t this what you lot did versus Burnley on boxing day? This is a not a dig but I do not know what caused your boxing day delay

But only once in a100yrs had a team tried to cancel because of injuries and I think it was a flu outbreak. And they got docked the points.

So you’re telling me no other team in that time has had major injuries. I can remember us playing Coventry with huge injuries issues 20yrs ago forced to play half a team of kids from the academy. And we couldn’t cancel.

There is no such rule. If covid wasn’t a thing, there is no way you can cancel because of injuries and Afcon.

Teams like Leicester are playing the covid card and the prem have backed themselves into a corner.
You had 4 players at the darts last week ffs

But only once in a100yrs had a team tried to cancel because of injuries and I think it was a flu outbreak. And they got docked the points.

So you’re telling me no other team in that time has had major injuries. I can remember us playing Coventry with huge injuries issues 20yrs ago forced to play half a team of kids from the academy. And we couldn’t cancel.

There is no such rule. If covid wasn’t a thing, there is no way you can cancel because of injuries and Afcon.

Teams like Leicester are playing the covid card and the prem have backed themselves into a corner.
You had 4 players at the darts last week ffs
Stop listening to sensationalist TalkSport :)
Yes they were at the darts, no they did not get covid, yes they played at the weekend, yes they were available
Talk to the Premier League it is THEIR rules that did this
You answered your own question, the covid environment IS a thing, it has meant more games squeezed in, we picked up loads of injuries, we still could have played if the rules were sensible as demonstrated against Watford at the weekend in the FA Cup.

So close, we would like to field a team but we do not have the requisite available first team players according to Premier League rules, if we were playing in the FA Cup, we could have played

Isn`t this what you lot did versus Burnley on boxing day? This is a not a dig but I do not know what caused your boxing day delay

Well no, because you fielded a team Saturday so you could field a team tomorrow? Rules or no rules the same players can be selected. It’s basically the case you played in the FA Cup because you couldn’t get out of it.

We also didn’t want our game postponed.

They have done what we would of done if we was In the same situation. If the premier league made us play we would all be fuming. I am fuming also because thought we probably would of got all 3 points with the players they have out. But then again this is Everton.

This should clarify for those unclear why the game is cancelled : https://www.premierleague.com/news/2426753

Its dumb, we can on Saturday in the FA Cup, but because its the Premier League, we cannot

Again, think you’re getting yourself confused.

It’s not you can field a team in the FA Cup but can’t for the PL.

It’s that you can get out of the PL game but couldn’t get out of the FA Cup game.

Two very different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.