Leicester postponement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no, because you fielded a team Saturday so you could field a team tomorrow? Rules or no rules the same players can be selected. It’s basically the case you played in the FA Cup because you couldn’t get out of it.

We also didn’t want our game postponed.
We cannot ignore the rules though, but you are correct, we clearly could field a team regardless of the rules

Again, think you’re getting yourself confused.

It’s not you can field a team in the FA Cup but can’t for the PL.

It’s that you can get out of the PL game but couldn’t get out of the FA Cup game.

Two very different things.
Yes, its true, but who would not do the same? It is potentially at Everton's loss I agree, and its different things sure, but the outcome is identical in both scenarios

So the rules are irrelevant. You guys are using the rules to get out of it. There’s nothing stopping you putting a team out tomorrow.
The rules? No sure what you are saying now. Did you read the link? oh I see, you seem to be being tricksy.

We (under the Premier League rules) are allowed to request a postponement because we do not have the 13+1 first team players fit.
Under-23 players who have not played for the first team this season are ineligible for consideration/selection for inclusion in 13+1 numbers to fullfil the fixture.
PL rules are stupid.

I don’t begrudge it I’d just rather people be honest about it and not act like they couldn’t play the game.
Fair enough, maybe it is accurate to say we were given the opportunity (due to PL rules) to request a cancellation, something that benefits us more than you (I think?)

I honestly don't know. I don't remember him mentioning who he supported when I watched him as a kid. I always assumed he'd be an Arsenal fan, a keen follower of George Graham and his tactics
Interesting, but as a kid he always seemed like a suspicious Villa type, a Brian Little in puppet form if you will.

Complete and utter farce.

They fielded a side & bench against Watford on Friday night and brushed them aside... now suddenly they want to postpone our match for the second time and EFC/the PL just allow it?? 'rules' be damned.

Beginning to really hate footy..

This club is a farce to accept the postponement. They have no Covid crisis, what they have is a crisis of their own making and we are being punished for it by having to play an extra fixture at some point when our players could have been resting

Postponed because of Rodgers's training methods and their decision to sign a load of Africans knowing they'd miss a month.

Stop listening to sensationalist TalkSport :)
Yes they were at the darts, no they did not get covid, yes they played at the weekend, yes they were available
Talk to the Premier League it is THEIR rules that did this
You answered your own question, the covid environment IS a thing, it has meant more games squeezed in, we picked up loads of injuries, we still could have played if the rules were sensible as demonstrated against Watford at the weekend in the FA Cup.
Stop this crap about we only have 8 players that’s garbage. And you know it. Like I’ve said a million times. Under normal circumstances you can’t cancel if you only have 8 players. You would need to use your academy. Clubs like Leicester are playing the covid card. And it’s a disgrace and they’re righty getting called out for it.

Cancel the same game twice. WTF is that all about

Status
Not open for further replies.