Votes: 113 53.8%
  • Opposition

Votes: 59 28.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 38 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard playing against a team who sit deep and try and ping you on the counter when they are at home, ref didn't help (peno all day long). Didn't expect more than a draw this game being away at the former champs. The mistakes made by the club over the summer were negligent and it will be tough for this side until Barkley is fit and back in the side. Barkley has always been the only class in this team other than Rom. We are three more games from being at our best which is the grim reality. Suck it up boys, we can only get better, faster we are out of Europe the better. I would play the u23s for the remaining european fixtures.

If we are to get CL this season, I think it looks very unlikely we'll attain it via finishing top 4. I appreciate we're traditionally strong finishers, but the likes of the 2 Manc clubs and Chelsea are going to be hard to reel in.
Winning Europa represents our best chance of playing the likes of Barcelona and Real next season. I would concentrate a lot of energy and resource toward winning EL.
Vital we put away Lyon...as we should do imo.
In full on Kevin Keegan mode, I would love it if we could do just as you say.
But despite our biggest, and on paper, skilful squad in years, we're out of the League Cup, bottom of our group in the EL, and in a relegation battle.
I would put a priority on getting up the table in our domestic competition rather than put a gut busting effort to try and salvage getting into the knock out staged of a competition we've got absolutely no chance of winning.
Negative thinking, or realism?
You decide.

In the 94/94 Wimbledon escape season we'd won 6 and draw one by the 30 October and in the 97/98 season by this point we had 12 points...just let that sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back