Votes: 113 53.8%
  • Opposition

Votes: 59 28.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 38 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Demarai Gray. Imagine him in the side. Pace. Effort. Skill. Bit of end product. Sure it was a rumour in the summer that got soundly castigated on here.
Been really frustrated here due to limited chances. I really rate him and hope we give the lad the game time he craves. He’s a little raw at time and doesn’t always make the right decision but he’s got bundles of talent

I'd agree but he has a real issue staying up top, we wants to drop deep as soon as he stops getting the ball and then leaves his strike partner very isolated.
He had got a habit of that, it's ok as long as he does it right, he's been a pro long enough to work out when the other striker needs support or when he's required to drop back.

In fairness, the quality of the PL now is muuuuch higher than back then so our present 8 points is actually worth more than it was back in the old days.
As long as Bournemouth and Crystal Palace keep losing , I genuinely reckon we'll be fine. I would be worried if I were West Ham though. That move to the Olympic stadium leaves them very vulnerable and the most likely candidate to join Palace and Bournemouth
Doesn't matter what bournemouth n palace do if we keep losing, it will be the 3 of us.

West Ham showing 10x more spirit than Everton at present.

Was it a pen on Lennon btw? Also should lennon have shot when he squared it first half? Looked like schmeichel was out fast to him. Only seen it live so just wondering
Not seen the replay of the penalty incident but it certainly looked a good shout. As for Lennon’s chance I think KS closed the angle down so the cross looked the better option

The subject of how we would fare if we were ever to be relegated is not a new one. By way of a bit of fun, I posted on another forum that if the once omnipotent Everton Football Club were to find themselves in Division 2, as I still call it, we would be like the once rich and pampered kid from a well heeled family, who finds himself attending not his boarding school class, but an inner city sink comprehensive as his family have fallen on hard times.
In that school he would be well and truly beasted and struggle to keep his dignity.
Please, pray that never happens.
It won't happen if the board are prepared to spend another 100 odd million in January, starting off with Dzeko (would he fancy a relegation fight?).

If we are to get CL this season, I think it looks very unlikely we'll attain it via finishing top 4. I appreciate we're traditionally strong finishers, but the likes of the 2 Manc clubs and Chelsea are going to be hard to reel in.
Winning Europa represents our best chance of playing the likes of Barcelona and Real next season. I would concentrate a lot of energy and resource toward winning EL.
Vital we put away Lyon...as we should do imo.
We need to be thinking about our Premier League survival first and foremost. We're miles off form!

this is all about damage limitation until January, and then squeaky bum time right until the end of the season.
I'm very worried in all honesty and think the damage may be too deep to rectify.

can I just say that I think its a disgrace that walsh is still here.
he had a part to play in the junk we have acquired and the fact we didn't replace lukaku.

the director of football role hasn't worked and is as much to blame as the old manager imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back