Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

More to do with the 25p United offered I would guess.
Did he push for a move like Arteta, Lukaku etc?
In his own words:

"I sat on the fence and saw how the thing played out," Baines says. "From this end, you might get credit for turning someone down that you probably don't deserve. The whole thing in the summer was letting things unfold."

Martinez wanted him and that was that.

I’m surprised at that
It's with a heavy heart I can tell you. However, it is technically true and I cant apply it to Baines and not Lyons.

Mick Lyons, as you know, was an Evertonian too. A massive Evertonian...unlike Baines.

In his own words:

"I sat on the fence and saw how the thing played out," Baines says. "From this end, you might get credit for turning someone down that you probably don't deserve. The whole thing in the summer was letting things unfold."

Martinez wanted him and that was that.
Ok mate, so he was approached or at least was the subject of a rumour. He waited to see what happened and, when Martinez said no, he stayed.
Hardly the first player to be involved in such a scenario and more unique than others in that it was his former manager trying to tempt him away. Maybe as much about working with Moyes again than leaving us for Man U.
Unlike.....Arteta, Lescott, Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, Moyes etc.

It's with a heavy heart I can tell you. However, it is technically true and I cant apply it to Baines and not Lyons.

Mick Lyons, as you know, was an Evertonian too. A massive Evertonian...unlike Baines.
I say fair enough to the top part if you’re being consistent.

I struggle with the concept that any footballer who has the talent and attitude to make it to the 0,000002% of footballing level as a PL/International player is a loser.

Not winning a few pots does not make you a loser.

Giving up on the talent and hard work to make it, cos its too hard, is a loser.

Different folks and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back