Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been a fantastic servant and let's not forget at his peak was one of the most productive defenders in europe going forward, in a side that won absolutely nothing.

Could have left, wanted to stay, so in some people's eyes,that qualifies him as a legend.

In a period of the clubs history where we haven't actually won anything for nearly 25 years, what other criteria do we deem fit for qualification?

Why do we need a legend for for qualification in the past 25 years? If there are none there are none.

He was a good player for us like I said. Why does he need to be anything else?

Why do we need a legend for for qualification in the past 25 years? If there are none there are none.

He was a good player for us like I said. Why does he need to be anything else?

Just giving you a reason why some may want to give him that mantle, especially the younger generation.

Why would anybody be actually that arsed in arguing the toss against that is what's baffling me.

Dave's is obvious, he has a really weird obsession on the subject and a very hate filled persona against the lad just because he besmirched his Cataland love interest.

So let me get this straight, last season we had baines and no other left back, now that we have bough a left back to take/compete with baines some people want baines out the door. It would be much more beneficial for Robinson to be playing every week and improving his craft than sitting on bench in PL and only getting cup games. Baines contract is out in the summer. No reason for him to go anywhere.

These simple facts would seem to be beyond the comprehension of some.

I wish Baines was the legend others consider him to be because it'd mean we'd had substantial success.

ddfcc8b1066f1fd86d833c8f219d7123.jpg

Played most of his time with us in the second div and won jack all but a promotion...widely regarded as a legend.

Although Digne is first choice and rightly so, Leighton still deffo has a part to play this coming season. Digne is used to playing 15 league games a season, so I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get knackered at some point. Baines isn’t a bad LB to have filling in, is he? It’ll do him good not playing every week too.

ddfcc8b1066f1fd86d833c8f219d7123.jpg

Played most of his time with us in the second div and won jack all but a promotion...widely regarded as a legend.

Because Bill Kenwright and the Echo told us he was.

I dont wish to denigrate a man who put in a big shift for Everton, but he does not meet my criteria of Everton legend.

Martinez thought Alacarez was one of the best CBs in the world. It's just what Bobby did to give average players confidence.

'average' and Alcarez in the same sentence - thought you had higher standards than that!

Don't you think that whenever 'the maestro' made pronouncements like that, and continued to make them, such as describing Gareth Barry as “one of the best English players ever”, it reduced the respect that supporters and, more importantly, the players had for him, and helped to turn him into the figure of fun that he is today?

'average' and Alcarez in the same sentence - thought you had higher standards than that!

Don't you think that whenever 'the maestro' made pronouncements like that, and continued to make them, such as describing Gareth Barry as “one of the best English players ever”, it reduced the respect that supporters and, more importantly, the players had for him, and helped to turn him into the figure of fun that he is today?

Ha Ha. "figure of fun". Go and look at his record both at Everton and elsewhere. I can assure you that beyond a handful of deniers on Everton forums no one thinks of Martinez as a "figure of fun".

His stock is sky high and this club's has dropped off the charts. THAT is the stark reality my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back