Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not close to being the truth. First season was excellent. No question. Results and performances were of the very highest quality. Second season saw us go further than any English club in Europe; third season saw us in two cup SFs. There is no way those last to seasons can be written off as "horrid". Right now midtable plus Wembley bound cup runs look like a golden chalice.

I really don't understand why Martinez's record and legacy is undermined so much. Of course it was boring dull football at the end of it, but seriously, a Europeany cup run, and 2 SFs are good achievements, and we have to be realistic and understand that being successful in PL plus cups at the same time was hard with a squad as thin as we had in 2015/16

I don't care what people say, another Martinez year BUT with a better defensive coach, and better yet, an insistence that we replace graham whatshisname and denis lawrence and the gk coach, would have been fine. Koeman and Allardyce with Steve Walsh knocked us back much further than Martinez did. Martinez allowed us to start dreaming again, and the fact is that we are so sour, serious and pessimistic, that his optimistic, rosy spin on stuff pissed us off, but we need that confidence again.

Anyway, no point talking about Martinez any more, but I don't think we need to write off his 3 years with us.

WTF was he doing for that second Wolves goal? Just standing like one of Lewis's thinking Keane had to mark two players?

He had no one to mark himself and he was easily as much a culprit for that goal as Keane was.

WTF was he doing for that second Wolves goal? Just standing like one of Lewis's thinking Keane had to mark two players?

He had no one to mark himself and he was easily as much a culprit for that goal as Keane was.

That's just rubbish Dave.

Why would he go inside when we were lined up man for man. This isn't under under 12s where we all just chase after the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back