Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a lot about Brands this summer and how ruthless/efficient he is: getting shut of waste and reducing the age of the squad. Acid test for me was to get shut of that phoney and his mate. He didn't.

Not sure that was possible in this first window, they were 'seen' as the bedrock of the squad (right or wrong) it may of been a step too early.
Maybe if they drop off Silva's squad list they could drop into Brand's 'eject' basket in the summer.

A lot of knives out for Capt Jags, which imo is a little knee jerk.. Everton has, in Bainsey and Seamus, the best fullbacks in the PL. Don’t the Capt Jags naysayers not think it a little unfair not to slot Capt jags back in the team between Bainsey and Seamus?
Hmmmph...I thought not.
Moyes knew what he was doing, particularly defence-wise. Capt Jags, Bainsey and Seamus are Moyesies lads...imo, they have guaranteed starting spots for as long as they desire it. Same with Big Dunc in his coaching capacity. He bleeds blue and with Blue Bill still running our family club, big Dunc, Capt Jags, Bainsey, and Seamus are here for life.

NSNO

He's not finished. To be finished you have to have been started. As a defender he's never been able to defend.

Heading ability: zero
Tackling ability: zero
Positional sense: zero
(And now) Pace: zero

He's doing more harm than good stepping out on that pitch for Everton.

He's not finished. To be finished you have to have been started....... literally one of the worse posts iv read on this site. We have been lucky to have him at left back all these years.

He's not finished. To be finished you have to have been started. As a defender he's never been able to defend.

Heading ability: zero
Tackling ability: zero
Positional sense: zero
(And now) Pace: zero

He's doing more harm than good stepping out on that pitch for Everton.

3WPp.gif

Davek after every GOT post

If an EPL composite best XI team were named, Bainsey would assuredly be at LB and Seamus at RB. Calls on here for Capt Jags to be at CB are, imo, a little Everton biased...yes, Capt Jags’leadership qualities are unparalleled, but he’s no longer world class like Bainsey and Seamus.

He's not finished. To be finished you have to have been started....... literally one of the worse posts iv read on this site. We have been lucky to have him at left back all these years.
I like the way you edited my post to not include the qualifying line: "As a defender he's never been able to defend."

I'm not surprised you edited it that way as the whole statement makes your point redundant.

At 1 point he was 1 of the top 3 Left Backs in World Football.
Ha ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

<remembers a career turning his back on crosses. never getting close to wingers, never winning a header, running from the opposition half out of position as opposition attacks are in our half, staying on his feet and never offering a tackle>

Baines has NEVER EVER been a defender. He is a wide player who gets the number 3 shirt.

Only a fool sees it and says otherwise.

Literally one of our worst ever players when considered as a proper left back....which should be his job and should be what he's judged on.

At 1 point he was 1 of the top 3 Left Backs in World Football.

Obviously David is applying silly extremes as usual (and has just added another silly one above whilst I finish typing this...), but was Baines at any point THAT good at defending? Top 3 attacking left backs in the world yes, he was boss for some time....but defending I'm struggling to recall if he has always been a bit hit and miss at the defensive side of things or whether he had a period of real solidity.

I think when at their best both our full backs are cracking in attack but usually no better than above average bordering on just decent on the defensive side.

Ha ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

<remembers a career turning his back on crosses. never getting close to wingers, never winning a header, running from the opposition half out of position as opposition attacks are in our half, staying on his feet and never offering a tackle>

Baines has NEVER EVER been a defender. He is a wide player who gets the number 3 shirt.

Only a fool sees it and says otherwise.

Literally one of our worst ever players when considered as a proper left back....which should be his job and should be what he's judged on.

They`re under the starters orders and we`re off lol

They`re under the starters orders and we`re off lol
...and not one word of what I said can be argued to be untrue.

Baines as a defender: utter turd. Always was, is and will be for what remains of his career...hopefully not too much more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back