Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be right here, if United offer £18-20m & Baines whilst not asking to leave, also makes it plain that he won't sign a new contract, then I can't see how they'll turn it down. They'll need to get a commitment out of him if he's to stay imo, as next summer he'll only have 12 months left & will be worth nowhere near the kind of money that he is this window.

Its so important we fight to keep him. He's what we'd all like to think of as the face of the club. Scouse, fcuking brilliant, a really sound lad with cool hair. I think they've said they want to get a contract in front of Baines asap. I think he'll sign it as you get the feeling that life is good for Leighton, he's turned united down before and has recently hinted that working for Martinez might be more fun for the lads.
But if he doesn't sign then we'd be stupid not to try and get a big price for him.

Thankfully I can't see our fans falling for the judas routine this time.

That depends whether he throws in a transfer request...thus undermining the cash, realistically, we can demand for him.

I cant see it, because he doesn't come across like someone who'd engineer a move like that. But if he does agitate to go, then that's him not honouring a contract with two years left on it. I'd say all bets are off then in terms of how people think of him. Judas might be a bit much, but he'd certainly leave under a massive cloud, as far as I'd be concerned.

article_ed684eb0024ef913_1369923923_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

3rd incoming bid for baines to land on the desk this week & Utd will better any contract we can offer.

Over to you Bill....what did you say we are keeping our best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back